birthday...

by zanex 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• noidea
    noidea

I plan to celebrate my own birthday for the first time this year ..I will be 35 on May 23..sad huh?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a blast, but try to remember it the next day! Go out and get you some new duds and go styling, and dont forget the colonge!!!!Every girl is crazy for a sharp dressed man.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Have a fantastic birthday!!!

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

Most of you are Ex-JW's so maybe you will understand this....Okay, I posted yesterday that today would be my birthday..well here it is. This is my 3rd birthday I have celebrated and every year I feel blue about the exact same thing, Tell me I am being silly. It really bugs me that my worldly friends have all this family that calls them and says Happy BD and they get cards that they post all over there desk and file cabinets. My family doesn't call ( big surprise) and I want my mom or dad to call me so bad and acknowlege that I was the first born and today, many years ago, I changed their life. It will never happen. I seriously doubt that my sisters even remember since they barely know thier own birthdays. Do this make any sense to anybody out there?

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

connie, you make perfect sense. it's hard when your family ignores your birthday. i made a thread just for you :)

A good friend is someone who will come and bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was f**king awesome."

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

Thank you! That's my best birthday present ever!

• zanex
    zanex

yah connie I know the feeling...I havent heard my parents day happy birthday to me ever and I wll be 27 tmw...I am trying still to get used to it..having worldly/real friends help a lot...but nuthin takes away from havin ones parent say "happy bday" HAPPY BDAY CONNIE!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Happy Birthday Zanex. Personally, I'd skip the drunk part (not that I've always skipped the drunk part, unfortunately -hence, my advice).

My witness mom has always called me on my birthday. Often times it is her call that reminds me it's my b-day. If I let myself, I could get a bit down about the fact that I don't have a circle of close "worldly" friends yet to make a big deal about my birthday. But since that would be a downer, and it doesn't inherently mean too much to me, I just choose not to think about it too much.

Witness parents who don't even acknowledge. Wow, I'm not surprised, but I think they are probably in the minority nowadays.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Zanex))))) (((((ConnieLynn)))))

Happy Birfdays Y'all! They get easier as you go along. As JW's we are trained to NOT elevate ourselves with recognition on our birthdays. Sad really. That we never got any special days just for us! I hope both of you have wonderful celebrations! As more of your worldly friends find out, they will begin making special plans for you. Neil surprised me last year with a party - I had no clue. It was my 30th and I wanted to do something a little special. I kept asking my girlfriends to go out with me that night for some fun and they all "had plans" or "Maybe next weekend?". I was actually kinda bummed. I didn't know it, but Neil had been planning a party for me - invited almost 15 people to my favorite restaurant. It was great! Will never forget it!

Andi

• Kristen
    Kristen

Happy Birthday, Zanex!

When I celebrated my *first time* last year, which is also my big Sis's day, I picked up a small bag of those cone-shaped party hats, some of those paper-horn blowy things, and a few balloons and greeted her at her door all decked out for my first party.

For the first time in 29 years, I was able to celebrate *our* day and let out all the years the little kid in me couldn't. I wouldn't have done it any differently!

Enjoy yours too!

Kristen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit