my story

by spender 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xander
    Xander

Howdy, welcome aboard.

(Thought I saw a new face in chat, should have dropped in.....)

Anyway, loved this especially:
    I found that generally the people at the hall were very shallow...there was always a flaw in personality about all of them that made it impossible for me to like them

Ain't that the truth? (Get it - 'the truth' - HA - oh, nevermind)

Back when the wife and I were trying to be good witnesses, she would criticize me for not making friends at the hall. I just COULDN'T do it, though. I'm a thinker by nature. I love knowledge, computers, science, etc. Although I've grown more sociable since I left the org, I still find it hard to talk with STUPID people. And the org sure had a lot of STUPID people in it.....not just unreasoning, either...I mean DUMB. Like 'George W'-DUMB ()

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• spender
    spender

sounds like we'd get along then ;) I can't stand stupid people either. haha and in a way the organization tried to "level the playing field" in a way similar to Harrison Bergeron...you're punished for being smart! Yup, that's my problem...too much of that "wordly knowledge" ;)

if you ever wanna talk about computer stuff, fire me off a mail :) http://grsecurity.net has some stuff I'm working on, languages I've learned....etc.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I just borked your homepage.

You're young. I like it. But you're young.

You're lofty software ideals will give over time. Keep them while you are young and unattached though. Keep them as long as you can.

x86 Assembly rocks!!

Slipnslidemaster:"I worked very hard and I earned all the attention I'm getting."
    - Anna Kournikova

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• spender
    spender

I think i'm holding on to them pretty well. I refuse to give in to corporate america. I turned down a 100K/yr job a week ago with a big name security company because I talked to an ex-employee and found out how they treat their employees. I'm not so weak that I'll change how I think for some amount of money :p

ps. assembly may rock, but C is portable ;)

• SYN
    SYN

Spender: What AlanF said, yeah, I agree. Rather call it something like the 'tR0oF' or 'TRo0pH' or 'tRo0FH'. That way we'll all know whose side you're on Here are some other fun Apostate words for you to play with:

BOrganization
    bORG (ORG, gettit?)
    Dub (Abbrev. for 'Jehovah's Witness')
    'Hovah (invented by TR)
    GB (Governing Boors)
    Circuit Overbeer

Of course, no post would be the same without lots of careful Dub codeword insertions for added effect - there's nothing as humorous as a hardcore Apostate using the Society's own words against it. Eg:

Experiences
    Illustrations
    Faithful
    Disfellowship (especially humorous for many people here)
    Shunning

For instance, here is a sample Apostate Posting Template for you to use:

----------------- SCHNIP -----------------------
    Well, it seems I've had another call from <insert Organizational stature of person in BORG> So & So.

They were telling me about their experiences in the service way back in 1974 <insert 1975-related rant here>. Then I realized they were actually 'shunning' my ass, which GOT ME REALLY PISSED OFF, GRRR.

<insert comment here about how much you dislike the GB>
    <smilies are essential, otherwise half the board will think you're insulting them!>
    ----------------- SCHNIP -----------------------

Have fun, and welcome to the, uh, FOLD!

It really is such an amazingly beautiful series of interlocking systems that comprise what a human is. It's too bad we're working backwards from the object code, everything would be simpler with the source and a comment or three thrown in.

• SYN
    SYN

Spender: C++ kicks C's ass sideways.

It really is such an amazingly beautiful series of interlocking systems that comprise what a human is. It's too bad we're working backwards from the object code, everything would be simpler with the source and a comment or three thrown in.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I still like the phrase the "BIG O" best.....

• LDH
    LDH

Spender,

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Welcome to the board.

Lisa

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine
    it just shows how the world is not as black and white as the witnesses try to make it.

How true!

Welcome to the board.

(((hug))) for you

(((hug))) for your Dad.

My Mom was also the inthusiastic witness and my Dad kind of got left in the dust.
    He pasted away when I was 11. I would give anything to be able to tell him I love him.

Sunny

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Spender, I enjoyed reading your story. Some life you've had, huh? I hope that from now on things get a little easier for you. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit