Letting JW relatives go....revisited

by MegaDude 21 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I can't let go, so I guess I'm destined to live with the pain.

Joel

• noidea
    noidea

{{{Jerry}}}

This really helps to put things in perspective..great post!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Bear,

Still your choice dude! If hurtin feels good, do it!

carmel who avoids pain

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Wow...great post!

It has been a long hard road for me. But, almost a year ago to the date, I decided to do the same thing.

My mom and sister, both of whom I was very close to, started talking to me again recently. I can actually say now that I can take them or leave them. I don't mean that in a bad way, but I decided that I couldn't make them change, and they couldn't make me change, so I had to decide whether I wanted to be happy or go on letting them tear me up inside.

The biggest impact on me was a book I read called "Change your Conversations, Change your Life" It talked about how the things you talk about and think about affect your emotions. If you talk and think about sad things, you will be sad. If you talk and think about things that upset you, you will be upset...get the picture? Likewise, if you think and talk about the things that make you happy, you will be happy. I started using this in my daily life, and whenever I started thinking about my mom or my sister and the whole JW Organization, I would immediately change my thinking to something else. After making a conscience effort daily to do this, over time it became easier and easier.

Now a year later, when I say I can take them or leave them, it just means that I can be happy with them in my life or I can be happy without them. It is up to me!

mpatrick

He does not believe who does not live according to his belief.-Thomas Fuller

• lydia
    lydia

I am so glad to hear that the door has opened for you some. I too like to keep an open door to allow those who I've lost due to the "borg" to come in again if they choose.
    I am glad to see that the pain was gone fo you.

Remeber - keep it on your terms though - don't let them suck you back in..

May you have peace!!

Lyd

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Dude,
    "life is difficut.." sounds like you are finding your way in life and dealing with the pain. Good for you, and thank you for sharing your expericence. It helps to hear how others are coping and living their lives.
    j2bf

• TheStar
    TheStar

Yes, MegaDude thank you for sharing. It must feel good to get past the hurt, what an accomplishment! You are to be commended, I'm very happy for you!

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

(((((((MEGA)))))))

I understand. Time heals many wounds - as long as you can learn how to let go.

Kisses,
    Moe

• roybatty
    roybatty

Wow, I felt like I was reading about my own experience! One thing that I've tossed around in my head is whether or not to write them a good-bye letter. Kinda just stating "hey, the door is always open but I'm moving on" type of thing. Anyone ever done that?

• JT
    JT

Still, I'll leave the door open. If he ever makes it out, which is unlikely, I'll be there. But until then, the best thing I ever did for myself was make a solid decision to let him go and stop looking back at relationships I can't have anymore.

you have indeed grown, for you have learned the hardest of all lessons

leave the door open for them, but at the same time move on with your life

the key to finding peace of mind is realizing that your bro, mom and others are not really the problem, the problem lies in how we as humans have needs and if we sincerely believe that XYZ will take care of those needs we stick with it

the way your folks are treating you many here can relate to how they too, including myself once treated a person who we believed had LEFT GOD AND HIS ORG

it often pains many of us to look back at how we treated folks who were dfed all because we thought and believed it would make themA SEE THE ERROR OF THIER WAYS and come back to the "TOOOF"

so just keep in mind that your folks are under the powerful influence of what has come to be known as Mind control

the wt like all other High Control groups excersise more power over folks lives than the natural feelings that Normal families have for each other

wt has rewritten the book on BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER

BUT hang in there and we got you in our thoughts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit