Why do JWs stay despite doubts & discoveries about JW Beliefs?

by ProfCNJ 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

If we are going to create a pie chart with the following categories, what could be the main components-reasons and their respective percentages for just staying in the organization in spite of the doubts, discoveries about the JW doctrines/beliefs? I doubt if the topmost reason is because of love of Jehovah God and His Son Jesus Christ.

Your inputs dear friends and fellow brothers will be most appreciated.

A. below 40 years old

B. 40 years old and above

1) Concern about Family's Reaction - %

2) Friends & social connections/well-being

(and the fear of losing them all because of shunning) - %

3) Love of Jehovah God and His Son - %

4) Love of the worlwide brotherhood - %

5) Fear of destruction in Armageddon - %

6) Discomfort in moving to another religion/sect - %

7) Others __________________________ %

Total 100%

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Because of one misapplied, frustrating and oft-quoted scripture: whom shall we go away to, lord?

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

That's the one I hear the most. Whom would we go away to? No one else is doing the preaching work.

Sigh. Little do they know...

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

B2 40%

• Glander
    Glander

You are sitting in a theatre surrounded by friends and family, watching a movie that is so bad you want to scream. You look around at them, all enthralled, munching popcorn and slurping soda. You have already used the potty excuse and tried to kill time in the lobby but they came looking and you had to go back. Now you are thinking about leaning over and whispering "this is crap, I'm leaving"

But, you don't have the guts.

• prologos
    prologos

now that we know what goes on, watch the inevitable outworking.

Why did the prophets stick around?

this is better than fiction.

7 and

B + more than twice 40.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

"Where else will we go, You have saying of life" was that Jesus or the Watchtower who has "saying of life", the WTS seems to think they have the sayings of the Christ without backing it up or using his wonderful name!

I would get grief when I used the name of Jesus, so back to your question, most people in the elderly realm believe no matter how bad these teachers are they think that Jehovah (not Jesus Christ) has picked them!

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

I've had a few conversations with friends about my doubts. All intelligent guys. And all of them went quiet and said, where else do we go? So they're all deeply tied to an organisation.

It's hard to get round that. At the moment I agree and say, I've got no where else to go but I've still got these questions. That seems to placate them.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Check out JWsurvey as he's done some percentages on this topic.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Love of God and Jesus, the theory, and yes it's the where will we go ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit