Many ex-JWs have never read Combating Cult Mind Control

by Londo111 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

The power of mind control is intense.

I won’t name names, because I’m not at liberty to say. But a member of this forum, who was awakened to TTATT, whose posts I enjoyed, succumbed to the intense emotional blackmail from family, and is proclaiming he was wrong and diving back into the Org. He has begun shunning as well.

Awakening to TTATT is not enough. If a person doesn't understand cult dynamics and mind control and finding measures to rebuild, they are vulnerable.

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

I really like this book, especially as others have said that it does not even remotely mention JW's so its a little easier to get others to read. I just wish it was available in some sort of digital format, I have the physical book, but some who I would like to share it with would prefer the privacy of their kindle as opposed to a real book they would have to hide it.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Dear Steve Hassan,

Is it possible to republish "Combatting Cult Mind Control" in digital media so that more members of dangerous cults can read it in secret? Some organizations such as the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society are promoting that JWs purchase Kindles and tablets to recruit new members with watered down Watchtower and Awake! propaganda.

Those same electronic devices could be used by JWs with doubts to read your books.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Reqards,

Robert

Hi OneEyedJack, Great Idea!!

I liked your idea so much that I sent Steve Hassan an email about your idea. You (and other JWN Members) can too at http://freedomofmind.com/Contact/index.php if you believe it will help JWs. I do know that Steve Hassan does read his emails, because he responded to one that I sent about a year ago to sign a White House Petitioin to deny tax exemptions for Dangerous Orgs.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• sd-7
    sd-7

I won’t name names, because I’m not at liberty to say. But a member of this forum, who was awakened to TTATT, whose posts I enjoyed, succumbed to the intense emotional blackmail from family, and is proclaiming he was wrong and diving back into the Org. He has begun shunning as well.

Wow. I know the pull can be powerful, wanting to connect with family. It can be torture to have the world so upside down. But after having personally experienced how painful shunning can be--both to people who are still on the inside and as someone who is on the outside--I couldn't do that again. I'd have to find ways around the Thought Police even if I went back. But I just hate what was and is being done to people so much that there's no way. After starting down this road it's hard to imagine not being thorough enough to make sure the beast stays dead, you know what I mean? Knowledge--more and more reading and broadening your mind--is the only way. And even then it's still tough. Emotionally I still feel very vulnerable. So it does require a mental vigilance to leave and stay out.

--sd-7

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I'm pretty sure it is available in audiobook format.

• sd-7
    sd-7

But Freedom of Mind is available on the Kindle, and I'm sure it has the same basic info. I think that ought to be enough. --sd-7

• flipper
    flipper

LONDO- Great thread topic. Thanks for posting, in fact I think this thread is one of the most IMPORTANT threads that's been posted in recent months ! The poster On The Way Out and I were just talking about this situation you present in your thread on the phone the other day. I think MANY ex-JW's underestimate and do not realize how important it is to educate themselves on HOW they were duped, deceived, or mind controlled by the WT Society. Because only THEN - will a person totally exorcize any doubts they had about making the right decision to walk away from the destructive, manipulative organization called the WT Society.

I have read all 3 of Steve Hassan's books and each one has gotten better in my opinion. ( By the way ONE EYED JACK - Hassan's last 2 books DO mention Jehovah's Witnesses quite often and give examples of the mind control tactics used by the WT Society in those 2 books ) .

To emphasize the point I'm making I'll use myself as a negative example to prove that what Londo is saying here is absolutely correct- on the nose he hits the nail on the head. I was in a disfellowshipped state from 1998 to 2002 . I attended no meetings until after the 9-11 attacks in 2001. What caused me to start back ? Mind control which still had me controlled by fear put in my brain by the WT Society and so thinking Armageddon was imminent ( from WT influence ) I got reinstated in spring of 2002 ! Fortunately for me I stopped attending meetings for good in December of 2003 as I saw injustices from elders committed and I broke free of the mind control as the scales fell from my eyes.

But due to my nOT informing myself and educating myself when I was in a DFed state - even while DFed i was STILL controlled by the WT Society in my mind ! Not until 2006 did I start reading, informing myself about Ray Franz's books and Steve Hassan's books reading them- that I FINALLY saw through the entire load of bull$hit that is the WT Society. So any of you who have NOT informed yourself about HOW you were controlled by the WT Society - don't be surprised if you still feel somewhat confused and disoriented. You will continue to feel that way until you inform yourself and get access to understanding how the WT Society mind controlled you. THEN you start forgiving yourself because you realize it happened to every last one of us- and it was a criminal organization that did it to us. It was NOT our fault at all. Then you can proceed to further your life in a positive way. But unless you inform yourself- you will only advance to a certain point and not beyond and remain there- stuck. This is my opinion on this topic

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Although "Combatting Cult Mind Control" is in audio format and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs" is in Kindle format, IMHO "Combatting Cult Mind Control" would cause less cognitive dissonance to the cult persona of a JW then Freedom of Mind and a JW could read Combatting Cult Mind Control during meetings instead of WTBTS propaganda. How many JWs would put headphones on during a meeting or convention?

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:50 AM
    Subject: Combatting Cult Mind Control in digital format Dear Robert: Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, we are working on a digitized version of CCMC. We realize the need is there, but have to deal with contractual issues to resolve the situation. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon and you will see the ebook available on Amazon by the end of the year. Steve's other book Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults & Beliefs is available as an ebook at www.amazon.com. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know. Thank you again for your support and feedback. It is very much appreciated! Best regards, Shirley

FYI for those who are interested in "Combatting Cult Mind Control" in a digital format.

Robert

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well said Londo, once I had read Hassan's books I became convinced that the WT knows exactly what it is doing, and is quite deliberately using Mind Control techniques.

When you realise what it is, and see it in action in nearly every paragraph they write, you realise there is simply no way this is by accident.

What I asked myself immediately was "If they have the Truth, why would they need to do this ?"

I was freed from any WT influence from that moment on.

Why people continue in the lazy way they were encouraged to act whilst in, I cannot understand, it was that laziness, not being bothered to find out, that kept you entrapped !

Wake up, educate yourself, that way freedom and happiness lies.

Stay in thrall to the WT , even in small measure, and those evil contollers are running your life still.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit