My Story - a (kinda) newbie from the UK

by wizzstick 50 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome. I take it from your comments, that in your no-man's land, you are surrounded by women?

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome to the board wizzstick.

I missed the 1995 thing as it was the year I stopped going.

Its funny to think we used to ask "how many years have you been in THE TRUTH brother?" when in fact it is now obvious that it was THE LIE

• wizzstick
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Thanks so much for sharing Wizzstick. It is amazing how many people really started doubting things when they were in Bethel.

AnneOMaly - you brought up something I had totally forgotten about.....The United Nations International year of peace. I believe it was 1986, but the announcement was made a few years before. The hype over this was huge. It would send chills down my back just knowing we were right on the edge of world destruction.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Big hug bro (LOL). Welcome aboard.

Fellow ex-Bethelite here. I know exactly what you mean. I was assigned to several branch offices (mostly developing countries) and had over the years interesting conversations with Bethelites from London. Yes, it seems that London Bethel was "a bit off" (=crazy whackos). They used to have books about Witchcraft (which shocked one of my conversation partners). Anyway, keep it coming. Let us know if you need anything.

I assume you are still fading? With all the family still in...

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Oubliette: Hahahaha, you mean we should also take notes to see who isn't commenting here? There might be some "weak apostates" around. Or, GASP, even apostates of TTATT!

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

BluePill2,

Family all in, wife not well so I use it that as an excuse to do nothing. Not even the mics, taken myself of the school as well.

I liken it to sitting on the back benches, there but not, if that makes sense.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

BluePill2,

Sent you a PM.

• bigmac
    bigmac

hello wizzstick----and new hope and happiness. i'm on the isle of wight.

several of us in this thread are on a secret facebook ex jw UK group---we hold meet-ups if your interested. ask for info.

ive bumped a thread listing many UK members for you to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit