How many hours per week did you study/devote to the WT?

by The Song Remains The Same 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had to waste between 7 and 8 hours a week just attending boasting sessions, possibly more. This counts from when the suit goes on until it comes off. Plus, if I go out 2 days a week and waste the morning each time, another 7 hours with that suit on is wasted. That is roughly 15 hours a week doing boasting sessions and field circus. And that doesn't include time wasted preparing--which I stinted on because I didn't need to waste 6 hours preparing a washtowel study.

Worse even than the amount of time wasted, this time could not be moved. I could not spend 15 minutes doing something when it was good for me, do something else (like work), and do another thing when I had the time for it. It had to always be right then, because the boasting sessions were fixed. And so was field circus--no taking a few minutes here and a few there. Instead, when it is 9 AM, I HAD to be at the group. And that whole block of time was gone, no matter what.

• Giordano
    Giordano

As a pioneer we had to put in 100 hours a month. Three separate meeting days back then accounted for 5.15 hours of sitting in a KH but you had to dress, study, get there, visit a little and return home so figure another five hours or more. FS with a bible study 7 hours factoring in dressing, getting there getting back another 2 hours total 9 hours a week.

A pioneer put in 40 hours a week. A publisher 20 hours a week.

I forgot Assemblies........ one Circuit and One District add in more time.

However you count it more then enough time to earn a Masters degree in six years. Learn a trade in two, start a new business. Get into a serious hobby. Spend more time with family, travel. It adds up.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

As little as possible.

• SophieG
    SophieG

I can’t recall and I don’t want to… as this routine is what was driving me insane.

* I am starting to twitch*

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

How about ZERO

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

How about the early Saturday mornings cleaning house so you JWS who wanted to go out in service had a clean house to meet. 2 hours a week for seventeen years. Mom did not want anyone to gossip so most the time it was double time. Mom worked her ass off.

We had to pick up someone for meetings. 20 minutes twice a week each way. They were always very old and slow. Another ten minutes two times, twice a week.

You figure the extra waste of time and how people took cleaning and snacks for granted.

Not too mentioned we were childen.

The sister would complain and the men thumbed their noses up. For the most part, sitting in room full of uneducated people pretending to have some sort of education made my childhood crazy as hell. Most suffered from mental illness and they would get their feelings hurt easy.I dreaded the day they would arrive early. Listening to their crap at least two hours a week. 30 minutes before and after Tuesday and Saturday service. Two hours a week for seventeen years.

I think everyone covered time spent studying.

Your wife is spending way too much time.

LOL

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Oh I forgot to barf.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The song remains the same...i think the hardest hours of devotion are the challeging ones and the realization it was all in vain. It is my attitue and i think it is a question of attitue to do this with out anger. I mean now my attitude is no more hours wasted in vain.

I auestiond why i am evev on this site? But then i realized because ive learnt a lot and its not wasted hours devoted to the W.T. So i guess i try and turn the negative to a positive. I ve awoken to the ttatt and wont make the same mistake agin with other organisations such as media and government or anybody that wants my time for there benifit.

Hey your post has been read 305 times , i started a topic yesterday that was viewed with similar numbers. I think thats wow...

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Thanks for all the replies. It seems to be a bit painful to recall for some... I guess it confirms my main fear that the number of hours could go UP from what it is now, seems like 20 is 'floor' taking into account the to/from and prep work. Song

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit