Anyone here tried the PALEO DIET?

by StAnn 33 Replies latest social physical

• StAnn
    StAnn

Berengeria, you're right, I shouldn't let the kids have junk food but rather whole grains. One of my kids is a carnivore anyway, except for cheese crackers. He won't eat mac & cheese or noodles of any kind.

Exercise is another part of the "StAnn is gonna get healthy" commitment.

BTW, this diet is heavy on the vegetables and medium on the fruit. I'll have to see how much fruit my diabetes can tolerate. And you're allowed to "cheat" three times a week and add in brown rice or sweet potatoes or some other such carb addition.

If only fried green tomatoes were healthy, it would be the perfect diet!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Satanus, I've already been supplementing with flaxseed oil for years because it helps with my chronic dry eye. Not sure if I'm taking enough to affect the inflammation though.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Interesting that it helps your eye. The idea is that the 3 types of oil should be balanced as when we evolved to modern human. Our diets get enough omega 6 and 9, but not 3, cuz of lack of sun for the animals we eat and the food they eat. I calculated that 1 tblspoon of flax oil a day should balance it, for me.

Is it actually working? Hard to say. I am healthy, except for depression. I am active. I have been taking it fairly regularly for 2 or 3 yrs.

S

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Ob, the lamb sounds yummy, and thanks for the link. Just what I was looking for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit