New WT teaches Faithful slave appointed over belongings is a FUTURE event, do they know what this means regarding themselves now?

by EndofMysteries 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How does this change anything? It really doesn't for the R&F. All the new light does send a message to anointed wanna-be's. The GB isn't taking advice from ANYONE. It's JEHOVAH, ORGANIZATION, FDS from here on out. Check out how many times " Jehovah's Organization " is mentioned in the upcoming WT lessons. That's going to be emphasized more than ever!

Anyone too young to remember 1975 is kind of lucky, in a way. We are witnessing a similar time right now. The " END " is supposed to come in our lifetimes. They won't put a date on it, but they may get desperate in a few years and start hinting are drawing comparisons with Noah's 120 years or something.. They want people loyal to the Org, so all this urgency is needed. It's no coincidence that the partakers are rising, the internet is exposing them, the Conti-case and other scandals are coming out, and THEN they release nu-light about the GB!?!?

They are expecting to get hammered IMO. They are hedging their bets. They are trying to get the R&F ready for " Satan's " attack! When the " END " doesn't come they will spin it again. I am sure they already have a scenario in mind, just waiting to have the dust blown off it, so that it can be polished up and presented to the sheeple.

DD

• caliber
    caliber

anyone too young to remember 1975 is kind of lucky, in a way. We are witnessing a similar time right now. The " END " is supposed to come in our lifetimes. They won't put a date on it, but they may get desperate in a few years and start hinting are drawing comparisons with Noah's 120 years or something.

New Living Translation

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal life span will be no more than 120 years." Gen 6:3

This has already happened.....

Watchtower, Dec 15, 2003

Page 15, Paragraph 6

"In Noah's day, Jehovah declared: 'My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.' (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring 'the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.' - Genesis 6:17"

1914 plus120 = 2034

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

There's more fallout from this changed doctrine, it invalidates what was previously explained as the "first and foremost" reason we could " have complete trust in the slave class. " Read more about it here:

WHY TRUST "THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE"

There are many reasons to have complete trust in the slave class. First and foremost, Jesus has appointed them over all his precious "belongings." This is a clear indication that he has complete trust in them. - OD, p. 18 – [Italics in original]

But according to the "New Light" about the FDS, Jesus has NOT yet appointed them over his "belongings" and won't until sometime during the Great Tribulation. Ooops!

This is just further proof that JWs do NOT have the truth. Every time they change one doctrine it has a cascade affect on other previous teachings. If it really was the truth, it would be a coherent, consistent fabric of beliefs. It is not, as this conclusively proves.

Clearly the guys running this show are not that bright.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Data-Dog - "Anyone too young to remember 1975 is kind of lucky, in a way. We are witnessing a similar time right now. The " END " is supposed to come in our lifetimes. They won't put a date on it, but they may get desperate in a few years and start hinting are drawing comparisons with Noah's 120 years or something."

Good to be reminded of that. Historically, apocalyptic millennialist groups need to "date-set" from time to time in order to drum up enthusiasm amongst existing membership and increase recruitment; they start to stagnate, otherwise.

However, the WTS practically holds the record for failed date-setting, so for them, the tactic is long past its shelf-life; after all the post-1975 backpedaling, they'd run too much of a risk of losing credibility amongst the older R&F to try it. They're not that ballsy.

At this point, all they really have left is "obey, obey, obey", and increasingly desperate-sounding anti-apostate rhetoric, which they're dialing up to 11 these days.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh Yeah!!! " 1914 plus120 = 2034 " I just told my family this a couple nights ago. I wish the WTBTS would say something about this again. The problem is they can just coast along with what they are doing now for another 50 years! At least it seems that way. I hope something really crazy happens soon.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

the "present truth" is that the F&DS were appinted over the domestics in 1914 (domestics = 144k as individuals AND the other sheep), after the "master arrives" they will be appointed over "all his belongings"

I don't have the article in front of me but I beleive they state that they do not know what those other things will be. They do state that they will not recieve a better or "higher" role among the 144,000 in heaven

Your point is still valid though, after all what is left to be appointed over if they already run everything of "Jehovah's" on earth now?

Oh I'm sure the GB will figure something out one day......

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm thinking now they have no power over me since they haven't been appointed yet, so if the elders try to df me or something I'll use this to go back them as say how can you do this? maybe it will work.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It's helpful to remember a couple of points when considering these new changes in JW beliefs about the 'faithful slave':

• their old belief was entirely wrong, and based on flawed superstitious numerology
    • their new belief is entirely wrong, and based on flawed superstitious numerology
  • sd-7
    sd-7

"It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan."

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit