New WT teaches Faithful slave appointed over belongings is a FUTURE event, do they know what this means regarding themselves now?

by EndofMysteries 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

This doctrine change is very interesting. The july 2013 study watchtower pages 8 para 17 and 18 makes these statements......

""""We understood that the “arriving” mentioned

in verse 46 was linked to the time

when Jesus came to inspect the spiritual

condition of the anointed in 1918 and

that the appointment of the slave over

all the Master’s belongings occurred in

So it is

reasonable to conclude that Jesus’ arrival

to appoint the faithful slave over all his

belongings, mentioned at Matthew 24:46, 47, also applies to his future coming,

during the great tribulation. """""

How does this change things?

It it my 'personal' belief that the whole faithful slave issue is a brief shortened version of what is at Luke 12:42-48. It goes w/ the parables about the bridge grooms w/ the oil lamps, the slaves given coins and what they do, etc. In Revelation they rule w/ Christ over everything, so the being appointed over all belongings is when his true 1,000 reign begins. My personal belief is there is not one unified only organization to find until that actually happens.

Now what's real interesting about them saying that is a future event, is that if the 'faithful slave' hasn't been appointed over all the belongings, then can they still teach that there is ONE organization, that the governing body, etc, are who give instruction worldwide and those who don't join in die at armageddon? It's just been admitted the appointment is a future event, so that means no slave, slaves, etc have been given worldwide authority. At the very most they can claim people need to find ones that match that unless they are personally part of it.

I don't see how they can claim a monolpoly hold anymore. The reality for true believers will be that there are many 'slaves' as shown in Luke throughout the world. Also in Daniels prophecy about the end times it speaks of 'those having insight' as imparting understanding to the many.

I really wonder if after that change, how will they try to still claim on those who follow them will have God's favor since Jesus hasn't yet appointed anybody over ALL his belongings. Thoughts?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

If you notice those verses in Luke, it's the evil slave that says 'My master is delaying' so that slave has an issue with time and thinks the master is delaying when the master never really said when he was coming back. In fact, it mentions that he comes back at time when the slave is not expecting him. And the slave has started to beat his fellow slaves and get drunk.

Just my thoughts.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

newly enlightened - in the luke acount you have 4 types of slaves. the faithful slave, the evil slave, the slave who didn't know what he was supposed to do, and the slave who KNEW what he was supposed to do but didn't do it.

So each person invited or anointed will end up in 1 of those 4 catagories. From knowing to not knowing, good to bad. In revelation the 144k rule and kings and priests. In the parable about slaves given different amounts of money, they ranged from being appointed over many cities to few cities to having nothing.

The WT never really talkes or mentions the Luke account of the faithful slave because it makes it hard to read it and make sense out of their understanding. It really shows that it's an extension of the other parables that apply to ALL anointed and not just a small group to be put in charge of all of them.

If that was so, then the parable of the slaves given coins would show a slave giving all the other slaves coins, not each of them individually reporting and accountable directly to the master. Same w/ the faithful slave, there is not one slave over the others, each have their personal accountability.

• prologos
    prologos

if you look at all these related parables, the master when LEAVING and by th way,--he left in 33 not in 1919,

1) When LEAVING hands over talents, tasks, belongings to the slaves, FAITHFUL, LAZY, EVIL whatever.

2) when RETURNING, when all the work is done, the RETURNING master APPOINTS the faithful, efficient Slave PERMANENTLY over the GREATER domain he has obtained during his absence.

There are two actions by the master, one when he leaves the other when he returns.

trouble with latest wt riddle is: how did he LEAVE in 1919?

• Splash
    Splash

And if they do not inherit all his possessions until later in the future, why do they involve themselves in appointing elders in the congregations?

Their stated job is to provide food, not interfere in the running of all the household departments.

They are usurping the role of the Holy Spirit.

Splash

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

if the 'faithful slave' hasn't been appointed over all the belongings, then can they still teach that there is ONE organization,

Exactly! If they have not been appointed over all CJ's belongings, then he must still have "belongings" in other places as well.

(They didn't really think this one through. Another big bandaid fix-it just like the Overlap Generation. The bandaids won't stick and are falling off!)

Doc

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Why should we give these people the slightest attention? Their use of expressions like "We understood that", "It is reasonable to conclude that" only goes to prove that they are not more inspired than you or me. Their claim to be God's only chanel here on earth is blasphemous. I don't know why rank.and file witnesses don't see that.

Ps

Sorry for crashing this party. I just had to get this out.

• prologos
    prologos

to illustrate the new teaching, try to think of a relay race as seen in the Olympic games.

The first runner, No. 1, called Jesus finishes his stretch (he could have gone at that speed forever believe it or not) and

passes the BATON to the next runner, called Peter, Co. etal and

after a short 60 years, the baton is passed again and again until

FINALLY, at the Ceremony, after many overlapping (c) wtbts.inc LAPS the team gets the medal(s). all 144 000 +1* of them. but:

In the WT version, There are all these people running. then,

in the final lap, "the time of the end" (c),--circa 1919, ONE only of the runners,

FDS No. 8 gets the baton, the one that NO.! was hiding all that time since the beginning of the race. Then

Amazingly only FDS No. 8 gets the real medal, "all the masters belongings" (c)

possible wt spin to that: FDS No.8 accepts the price in behalf of the 143 992 also rans. runs?

it does not add up, does not make sense --yet.

The competition to be called the F&DS, valid only in the last lap, after 60 overlapping generations of running.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Their claim to be God's only chanel here on earth is blasphemous. I don't know why rank.and file witnesses don't see that. "

Excellent point. I can't believe that the GB is unaware of the falsehoods they teach. I used to think, " Well, you cant' teach what you don't know. The GB were taught " the truth " too, so maybe they just don't know any better?" Now I realize that you cannot be at that level of the hierarchy and NOT know.

The rank and file really don't know. It's what you have been taught your whole life! To even seriously question anything is a huge step. To actually go down the rabbit-hole is an even bigger leap! It's scary, too scary for some. I hope the Conti-case sparks some thinking on the part of JW's. What keeps them trapped is the belief that the Organization is all they have. You can't go anywhere else of you are dead. If that belief is shattered, then they have a chance.

I am starting to wonder what GOD is doing? I used to feel guilty about questioning, now I don't. If I can see what's wrong, then surely GOD can. Why are evil Organizations allowed to ruin peoples lives in GOD's name?! I used to think, " Well, the JW's do some good. People change their lives for the better many times." Then I realize that applying principles from the Bible changes lives. JW's are not needed for that. So GOD letting false-religions exist because SOME people are helped, just ain't cutting anymore for me. There are many people who do not believe in GOD at all, and they are moral, honest people.. OK, rant over..

The Organization is a mess. I am in for family reasons. How long can I keep it up? I don't know? I hope the WTBTS self-destructs. How long can these guys bulls*** their way through life?!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They will be Bu** S***Ing for decades yet, and the R&F JW's will continue to eat the ordure they are served, no matter how preposterous and blasphemous.

Some will wake up soon, but most will stay entrapped until their dying day.

After the latest crap is "studied", in September I believe, will be a good time to walk away, saying you just cannot see any of this stuff in the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit