So the straw that broke the camel(my wifes' back)

by sosoconfused 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

So after our incident today I let some time pass so as not to kill the mood and bring up all the annoying Watchtower stuff. However I said, "Babe seriously, I know you were upset about the other issue but you seem to just never want to even think about borg stuff again! I am glad - don't get me wrong - but so I can reall understand please tell me what was it that made youjust wash your hands clean so fast?"

Her response is one that I should have expected from a woman... she said, "they freaking lied... and I can't stand a liar".

So I asked what particular lie it was. She said that all the stuff I showed her made her uncomfortable and that the IVF thing was just ridiculous and made her hate things... but when she saw the fact that we have said for years that Russell predicted the 1914 stuff and then saw in print that it wasn't true she felt utterly betrayed.

She says she has no reason to ever go back to another meeting or read a publication because it is obvious that there is nothing special there, just another group of people who lie to get control of people. She doesn't need to do any research or even bother hearing anyone out because anyone who can accept outright lies from those suppose to be helping you is an idiot!

That was the end of the conversation. Never have to speak about it again!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Nice one.

but when she saw the fact that we have said for years that Russell predicted the 1914 stuff and then saw in print that it wasn't true she felt utterly betrayed.

Where did she see this? Reference may come in handy for others...

• humbled
    humbled

Can't beat her logic.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@witness - this particular bookmarked page on jwfacts.com http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/misquotes-deception-lies.php#1914

There is an internet explorer icon on her desktop pointing to this page.

The funny thing is she was never the type of person I would expect to care about details like that. She always seemed to me to be somethign of a hanger on in the JW borg. Just going with the flow.

This truly shocked me

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I had basically the same experience.

She was "stronger" in the TRUTH that I was and she seemed to just take it and roll with it whereas I am still wondering how she was able to give

it up so easily.

It was a little slow going at first but then after reading Captives of a Concept it seemed to cut em off at the knees, as it were.

I still try to get her to look into other things that would help bolster her decision to leave so that she will be stronger if anything ever came up

that would shake her currrent beliefs, you know, cobwebs and trip wires still potentially active in her mind. Cannot get her to see the benefit of doing this,

Getting her to continue to research is even harder and more frustrating than the original approach on getting her to see TTATT.

Frustrating to say the least.

NJY

• Sgt. Pepper
    Sgt. Pepper

I'm going to talk to my friend about those exact quotes. I pray for the same results :)

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I am so so happy and proud of you sosoconfused! I think you need to change your screen name to sosoSure. You have been very patient with your wife and your approach delicate. Keep up with your honest compassion for her.... I do not know your family/friend situation, but for sure she needs you more than ever as that big rock to hold on to.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SOSOCONFUSED:

I'll never forget the sucker-punched feeling I had when I first realized all the lies and B.S. I had been told!

That poster who keeps wondering how people got "stumbled" out of the religion and "forgot their vow" had better realize this.

People based life-altering decisions on LIES, and this can NEVER be forgiven!

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

thanks everyone... Means alot to hear positive comments.

the person who says they can't understand one being stumbled is just mimicing that dumb article that a righteous person can't be stumbled I am supposing

• whathappened
    whathappened

How great for you. You obviously married well! Good news for everyone. Thanks for letting us know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit