Who believes in a firey hell?

by rekless 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

No, I dont think I beleive in a firey hell. But then again I am not sure I beleive anything anymore. Not even sure if I die I will go to heaven. But I do think we have enought hell here on earth while we are alive, why would God punish us more? It makes no sense. But the Bible makes less and less sense the more I read it at times. Too darn confusing and just tiring. I get tired of thinking of it all the time.
    That is when a nice cool glass of Merlot comes in handy. I guess I will find out when I die, one way or the other. Or then again maybe not?

• Wren
    Wren

I don't, but if there is I don't care. After discovering the truth about the truth, my next step was to search out Christianity. I researched and gave credit were it was due.

The JWs were wrong about grace, bible translation and God's name, trinity, the second coming, paradise earth, spirit anointed, oh yes, I'm with the Catholics that Revelation is a mystery, etc. I had to lean towards a fiery hell as most Christian denominations accept it.

The fiery hell is THE turning point in my taking an open minded look at religion altogether. It is difficult to think about it without going on a rant. Burning in a fiery hell forever?! Any God that invented that IS Satan the ultimate evil! I hope I go to Hell and gain rank!

Hellfire or any scare tactics including "you will have no reward" as JW/SDA believe, or eternal punishment in nonchristian religions, is for control IMO.

Whew! Just wanted to get that out of my system.

• simplesally
    simplesally

There is a place called "Hell" in the Caribbean. I had a t-shirt from there a long time ago ....

So if someone tells you to "go to Hell," ask them for a roundtrip ticket ticket to Florida and then rent a sailboat.....it might be kinda fun.

Hey Sixy, wanna go?

• apostate man
    apostate man

I've been to Hell. A little town in southern Michigan.

Seriously, what about Revelation 20? The lake of fire? Rev. 20:15?

It is hard for me to imagine that if we don't serve God, and serve God correctly, or if we sin, that we will burn in Hell forever. A punishment enough would be to NOT be allowed into Heaven.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit