• rekless
    rekless

Is hell the grave
    Is it Dante' Pit.

or is it

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I believe in a "hell", but not a firey one, or the one described by bible thumpers. More like the mental anguish of falling short of our true potential...etc. etc.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Hell yeah I believe in hell!!!!!

IT'S RIGHT HERE ON EARTH....AS WE SPEAK...AS I BREATHE AND BITCH

It was a joke! And you fell for it like the fascists you are! - Rick - The Young Ones

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Isn't that a "Hot Sauce" for chicken wings??

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

You mean a literal place where something physically burns
    ........F O R E V E R ??
    and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever..........................

no

No matter how thin you slice it there are always two sides
  • outcast
    outcast

Ever been to Phoenix in July?

• COMF
    COMF

I know for a fact that it is a fiery liquid. In fact I have a bottle of it in my collection of sauces. It's called "Jamaican Hell Fire".

COMF

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The idea that God has a BBQ pit located somewhere in the center of the earth where humans scream as they are being tortured over and over in fire is about the sickest concept in the history of humankind.

There are various views on this doctrine. "The Fire that Consumes" by Edward Fudge is an extremely thorough treatise on this topic. It advances the idea that the Bible teaches that hell does exists, but it is only temporary and those judged to be evil perish there.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

No, I'll never believe that bull. What I came to realize over the years, however, is that the WT uses "death at Armageddon" the same way fundies use "eternal torment in hell" - the end result? Manipulated people serving out of fear instead of love.

I went to a Baptist church last week at the invitation of one of my supervisors at work. In some ways, I enjoyed the service. The preacher was sincere enough. They sang a song called "Victory in Jesus" that I was liking some. But, the preacher mentioned hell (and though he didn't speak of it as a place of eternal conscious torment, I was in a Baptist church, I knew what he meant) - So guess what? I'm never going back. I'm not done searching though. I plan on visiting another church in my area this Sunday.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Nope. I do not believe in hell. I believe in some type of afterlife, but more like reincarnation, but eventually when your soul reaches its potential you get to reside with the supreme being. I guess hell would be never reaching that, but you still always have a chance, so hey there is no hell...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit