Theists - Why does Morality require the existence of God?

by cantleave 122 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cofty I don't think you appreciate how utterly devoid of actual argument your posts are.

"We should not be reluctant (to assert this or that)", is not an argument. It is merely a statement of belief.

I might as well say, "we should not be reluctant to say the grass is blue". "We should not be afraid to assert that 2 + 2 = 5."

Sure you can say whatever you like, reluctantly, bravely, boldly or otherwise. But where's your proof?

Opposing homophobia for example is not a discoverable moral fact of nature. It is a stance that arises from many important subjective values that you and I and many others (though not everyone) will share, about personal freedom to express oneself in ways that cause no harm to others.

Plus you never answer any of my questions:

Is the happiness a killer feels morally superior to his despair at failure?

How then do you distinguish between a legitimate happiness and a morally illegitimate one?

Substitute well being for happiness in that question it works just the same.

If avoidance of sickness is always a morally superior outcome what do you make of the life and choices of Marie Curie. Was hers an immoral life?

• cofty
    cofty

Massive failure of communication here.

I will get back to it some time over the weekend.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Okay Cofty chill out, have a good weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit