Inside Australia's Chilling New Cult (AJ Miller ex jw)

by frankiespeakin 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Is there any real big difference in beleiving you're Jesus Christ reborn than beleiving you're the Faithful and Discreet Slave of Christ and must be obeyed?

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

I met 'John Miller' (as he called himself then) years ago. My memory is that he was the School Overseer. He had a bit of a following even then: he was the elder people would go to since he was articulate, friendly and didn't seem too quick to judge. He was a professional too (which made him stand out a bit) : he fixed computers. My own experience of him was that he seemed just a bit more friendly that was quite normal (whatever normal is) for anyone, let alone an elder in a conservative congo (but not to the point of being creepy). The rest of the elders seemed hugly less friendly than normal, so he came over quite well on balance.

And I also remember that he could string together words that seemed consistant with WTS teachings, but offended no one: quite an achievement. Maybe that's what drove him to the realisation he's Jesus?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Cults(like the Watchtower nonprofit religious corporation) spawn other cults as they split and divide.

http://www.aj-miller.com/

He states that this path is emotion rather than mind based and will form a direct loving relationship with God. His teachings follow the law of attraction and much of his writings have been taken from Padgett and other places. He claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and that he recalls his life in the first century.

Before Miller realised he was Jesus, he was a property developer who was married with two children. He was also a senior member of a Jehovah's Witness sect but was pushed out when he left his wife for a woman named Karen who was about 10 years his junior.

Miller has admitted his mother had him examined by a psychologist but he says that he was found to be sane. It is reported that his mother was so disturbed by his claims to be Jesus that she contacted authorities and requested he be committed to a mental health facility.

AJ Miller Quotes

Below are some quotes and statements made publicly by AJ Miller. These are not made up, they are his actual words.

"Because of my personal desire and passion for God, as I grew, I recognised not only that I was the Messiah that was foretold by ancient prophets, but also that I was in a process designed by God that all humans could follow, if they so desired."

"There's probably a million people who say they're Jesus and most of them are in asylums. But one of us has to be. How do I know I am? Because I remember everything about my life."

"My name is Jesus and I'm serious."

"I don't want to be Jesus. Who wants to be Jesus? But I love the divine truth."

"Just a little over 2000 years ago, we arrived on the Earth for the first time."

"The truth is I did perform many miracles I healed sight of people who are blind and the so called resurrections from the dead."

"Plato and Aristotle I met together actually."

"There's the movie 2012 right? Everyone I suggest you see it, everyone. A lot of the events portrayed in the movie are kind of similar to the events that will be occurring."

"It will not be a tsunami, but water flowing over the land about 100 metres deep. There will be lots of earthquakes. There will be no Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Sunshine/Gold Coast ... Inland is where it will be happening"

Websites of The Jesus Cult

Jesus Cult Websites

These websites are related to either AJ Miller, Mary Luck or their followers.

http://www.divinetruth.com - AJ Millers own website, videos are letters available for download here.
    http://www.divinetruthseminars.com - AJ Millers website for booking seminars
    http://magdalena-mary.blogspot.com - Mary Luck's blog

• *lost*
    *lost*

... it's all about the monee monee .... kerching.

• earthfire
    earthfire

That's chilling

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Messiah Complex:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

A messiah complex (also known as the Christ complex or savior complex) is a state of mind in which an individual holds a belief they are, or are destined to become, a savior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of error or failure, even in the face of complex or intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks, or may regard personal opinions as unquestionably correct. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [not in citation given] The individual may disregard the rules of society and require special consideration or privileges. [ 1 ]

God complex is not a clinical term or diagnosable disorder, and does not appear in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).

The first person to use the term god-complex was Ernest Jones (1913/51) [ 3 ] [dead link] His description, at least in the contents page of Essays in Applied Psycho-Analysis describe the God Complex as belief that one is a god [ 4 ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

Grandiose delusions or grandiose subtype is one of five subtypes common in delusional disorder. [ 1 ] The other subtypes are erotomanic type, jealous type, persecutory type, somatic type and mixed type. Delusions are a key feature of psychotic disorders in general. Other common delusions in psychotic disorders are persecutory delusions, referential delusions, erotomanic delusions, and nihilistic delusions. Bizarre delusions are those not common to ordinary experience, such as the belief that one is controled by an outside force (delusions of control) or that one's thoughts are being removed by an outside force (thought withdrawal), or that thoughts are being inserted into one's mind (thought insertion). [ 2 ]

Grandiose delusions are characterized by unrealistic or unwarranted beliefs that one is famous, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful. [ 1 ] Grandiose delusions are not bizarre, but some types of delusions are bizarre and fantastic and typically have a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious theme. [citation needed] There is a relative lack of research into grandiose delusions, in comparison to persecutory delusions and other symptoms of psychosis such as auditory hallucinations. About 10% of healthy people experience grandiose thoughts but do not meet full criteria for a diagnosis of Delusional disorder, grandiose type. [ 3 ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

Narcissism is a term that originated with Narcissus in Greek mythology who fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water. Currently it is used to describe a person characterized by egotism, vanity, pride, or selfishness. Narcissism has included particular meanings in specific fields:

Except in the sense of primary narcissism or healthy self-love, narcissism is usually considered a problem in a person or group's relationships with self and others

A 2012 popular book on power-hungry narcissists suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits: [ 5 ]

Hotchkiss' seven deadly sins of narcissism [edit]

Question book-new.svgThis section relies on references to primary sources. Please add references to secondary or tertiary sources. (October 2012)

Sandy Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism: [ 6 ]

1. Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.
    2. Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.
    3. Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.
    4. Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.
    5. Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.
    6. Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.
    7. Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist there is no boundary between self and other
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

Course, the first century Jesus had NO money, didn't need it.

Why does AJ Jesus need money?

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit