Apostate?

by EmptyInside 14 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I was wondering if I would be considered an apostate for posting on this board. I don't speak against the organization to any Witnesses.

I do talk candidly to other inactive ones who feel the same way. So,would I be considered an apostate,just curious? I really don't care either way.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Been an exdub for a long time, but I think posting on this website only merits disapproval and maybe an unofficial scolding.

If they get access to what you've written, they'll look at the content. Depending on what you've written, things may get more serious.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Do you believe Jesus is the Messiah? If you do then you are not an apostate!!!

• Fernando
    Fernando

The Watchtower is dishonest in re-defining the word "apostasy" to mean dissent against the Watchtower even if on solid grounds.

Their own New World Translation (reference Bible) shows clearly in several footnotes that "apostasy" is (spiritual) "unfaithfulness" (or adultery, prostitution, fornication). The Watchtower is clearly guilty of this, for lusting after the "god of religion" and ignoring the "God of Abraham" and obfuscating his message the "unabridged gospel").

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• whathappened
    whathappened

According to the Watchtower Society, anyone who does not accept all of their teachings, even those unique to the Watchtower Society is an apostate.

You must accept everything they say when they say it, otherwise you are an apostate.

Even beliefs that are true and can be proven true are apostate if they go against the WBTS or cast a bad light on them.

Posting on this site is definitely a big no no.

• sspo
    sspo

You are one of us if you don't believe in the unique teachings of the watchtower...that means apostate.

Be happy you are not a slave of the watchtower.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

With as many posts as you have... you qualify.

Any other names you want me to call you?

• zound
    zound

Yes, you're mentally diseased now - congratulations.

But seriously, would a JW be disfellowshipped if he was found to be posting on this forum?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

You made it complicated.

I would say no.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Fernando

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit