What would you say?

by nicsfreedom 15 Replies latest jw friends

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

I pondered on a rather strange idea (sort of a divided feeling) today after reading an article and I wondered how all of you would react. In the unlikely event the Ivory Towers of Wathtower came crashing down (not literally) lets just say there was a mass awakening. For those of you who have suffered from atrocious behavior from friends and family, how would you really react? What would you say?

• StAnn
    StAnn

One of my siblings is only still in the Borg because he's afraid Momma will disinherit him. After she eventually dies one day, I expect him to leave the Borg and become all lovey dovey and want back in my good graces.

Ain't happening.

Too much water under the bridge. For all of them, if the WTS crumbles tomorrow, I don't want to hear from them, see them, or even know they still exist. Unless they leave on their own terms and have some level of intellectual honesty, I don't want them as friends anymore. Cold but truly how I feel.

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

I can totally relate. I have two brothers and I suspect that they are both still in for the inheritance. Once my parents are dead they will want back in my life so that they can start using me again. One brother is "barely" keeping me attached so that I can care for the aging parents soon. The other brother stopped speaking to me as soon as a JW woman was interested in dating him.

Also, my family is responsible for publically labeling me an apostate not the elder’s soooo.....yeah I think I am going to have a real dilemma if and when that day comes. I think I will at least ask for a major apology and maybe more

• xchange
    xchange

I'd say, "Welcome back to reality!".

I have a whack of siblings and I don't harbour any grudges against any of them. I was, after all, one of them at one point.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wouldn't say anything. I would just watch the fallout.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I agree with xchange, I have three siblings and their partners and children still in and I would welcome them back to reality if they would allow me to. Like xchange says I was one of them for the first thirty years of my life. I would be there for them if they want me to be and share my experience of learning to live without the crutch of the cult. It would be great to have my family back even though they have treated me like a leper for 24 years, they have been the victims of mind control after all, just as I was.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm glad you used the term " Ivory Towers "

I keep tellin' folks " Slaves " don't bark orders from

from Ivory Towers

Slaves, are out in the Field ( Service )

The WTS have their own definition for words that's truly " No part of this world "

• Mum
    Mum

I would be interested in how many joined other cults, how many decided to get an education and/or lead an authentic life, how many became atheists, how many decided "to hell with it" and started living a life of drug abuse, drunkenness and unrestrained sex, how many decided to write a book about their experiences, and the diversity of other possible reactions.

It would be fun to find them all and see their reaction in the unlikely event this hypothetical came true.

• earthfire
    earthfire

I'd be so happy! I'd welcome them to their freedom with open arms. Then at some point I'd have to give them a hard time about it taking so long.

• nugget
    nugget

I'd welcome my sister with open arms you don't get many opportunities for a really good "I told you so".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit