Excuse me.......What Does GOD Need With a Starship ?

by Tech49 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Tech49
    Tech49

I have been pondering this thought for a while now, perhaps you all can expound on it a bid. The bible describes God as "Jealous", having great "Rage". "burning anger". Many citations show people to have great "fear" of him, and not the "fear of displeasing" as some would have you believe, but a genuine FEAR.

Sometimes he is shown to have "listened" to humans, allowing their line of reasoning to influence his decisions on matters, decisions that at times have been made in haste, with great emotion. Hmmm, an all-knowing God that has his mind swayed by humans?

He is said to "permit" wickedness, yet some he destroys in a single sweep! He is said to demand complete loyalty and respect, absolute obedience and servitude, yet willing to kill billions of men women and children who have never heard of him.

These are just a few quick examples of where I am going with this thought: These are qualities and attributes that you would certainly find in an arrogant, power-mad despot of a man, not a God of ultimate wisdom, are they not?

A great clip from Star Trek 5, the Final Frontier is in order here.

Here is a link to the video, maybe someone can make it live, or post the video itself?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc

Jack Harper

• poppers
  • tec
    tec

These are qualities and attributes that you would certainly find in an arrogant, power-mad despot of a man, not a God of ultimate wisdom, are they not?

Or in those describing and/or translating someone/something that they do not understand.

That was a great question Kirk asked. Enjoyed that clip.

Peace,

tammy

• Heaven
    Heaven

Those traits are part of psychopathy.

I love the scene near the end of that Star Trek move JH where Kirk says 'Maybe God isn't out there. Maybe he's in here.' and he points to his chest. That held significant meaning for me.

• blondie
    blondie

I grew up in an abusive family. Why should I obey my father just because he was older, stronger, had sex with my mother to prove he could father a child?

I'm a fan of Star Trek since it began. Started reading Heinlein and Asimov when I was 10. Saw that the God of the bible was heartless, killing babies for the sins of their parents. I have been watching the series Ancient Aliens, and I see that the discussions about the bible's stories, could very well just be intelligent life visiting the earth, treating humans like marionettes.

Thanks for sharing this reminder.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That clip is awesome! That must be the GB's most cherished fantasy, the ability to zap anyone who doubts them into submission! Was Spocks brother a Elder?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't need the clip. The remarks are forever etched in my mind.

• glenster
  • Comatose
    Comatose

I asked all those questions and answered them. God didn't write the bible like I thought he did. Tech please read Misquoting Jesus by Bart Erhman. It's a really good read. Explains why you wonder those questions. It's not a religious book. It's about bible writers and the translations.

• rebel8
    rebel8

That was a very cathartic cinematic moment indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit