Lurkers - Not even a 5 min visit from Elder or Sister

by *lost* 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

My old staunch JW grandma is always complaining that none of the JWs come to visit her when she hasn't been to the meetings for months. I pointed out to her that the only ones showing her constant genuine Love are her df daughter and her inactive granddaughter (me) and all her other family who aren't in the truth. Her JW son and his wife treat Grandma like she's a df person. They shun her.

I moved far away to get away from the constant pressures of why i wasnt at meetings. Thankfully I have big wooden gates that I can lock at my new place. The elders know I'm here. Ive seen JWs knocking on my gates then sitting in their cars for several minutes when I don't answer. I had to go get my grandma at the assembly last weekend as she was having chest pains. It was the most nerve wracking thing ever having to walk into that hall full of JW.

I'm the happiest I've ever been far away from all the JW rubbish. That's what matters.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

*lost* - put up a christmas tree, they'll come running

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOST:

It's either one extreme or the other with them: either you are pursued or ignored. Be glad you're out with no fanfare. Some get out drama-free. Personally, I prefer being ignored.

I got a few "we miss you" cards from people who never bothered with me. Go figure.

It also depends how popular you were and IF you had a special skill or they could use you. After all, they are USERS!

• blondie
    blondie

It also depends how popular you were and IF you had a special skill or they could use you. After all, they are USERS!

------

Very true in my experience. There was a flurry when we left as my husband was an elder. Women have no value. They visited once a year after the first year, the pre-memorial visit. Always tried to talk to my husband. Always dropped by without an appointment. After 12 years, no pre-memorial visit just a tract in the door.

So in the beginning a flurry of calls, drop bys, and then less and less. Will start up again if you talk to other jws about your "doubts" or non-WTS support.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Blondie:

Yes, that was my observation. The more "useful" you were, the more you would be missed. So, they didn't miss a single working woman like me.

However, if I were a brother with a business or a secular skill (fixing cars or computers, plumbing, etc.) it would be a different story.

• *lost*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit