Do you believe Jehovah enjoys watching people suffer and why would you want to worship him?

by booker-t 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I just looked up on the internet and found 21 children under the age of five die every minute which has nothing to do with the flood.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jehoover goes out his way to inflict suffering. He delights in it. Amen.

• T D Joseph
    T D Joseph

BU2B

You expressed beaustifully what many of even JWs themselves think--but afraid to express when they are with them.

Thank you for those BOLD, and LOUD thinking!

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

If I worship him "probably" I "may be" not killed too!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

BU2B you summed my feelings up completely.

Glad you are here & said what was in your heart.

As TDJ said JW's are afraid to even entertain discussing the reality of the blood baths done in the name of the hebrew god.

Hoab

• Giordano
    Giordano

If Jehovah actually existed then at the very least he is complacent about Human suffering and that is one of the basic issues that determined for me that god did not exist in the form that he/she/it is described as in the bible.

Apart from the possibility that highly intelligent life may exist somewhere in the vast universe and may have visited this planet on occasion in the distant past........the desert god (Jehovah) is a simple evolution dating back to more then one ancient culture and eventually was given his present form by the Hebrews.

The chaos of the universe is a second reason that Jehovah doesn't exist as the creator. If we acknowledge that this planet can be extremely dangerous to humankind....... in comparison the universe is out of control. Stars are still going nova, solar systems are swallowed up by black holes, earth killing debris misses this planet by the thinnest of margins.

Who designs the heavens and earth so it becomes another way to generate human suffering or even extinction?

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

When I hear "God is love" I ask "If God asked you to kill your son would you do it?"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Shador:

Yes, a very true quote. I don't want to believe it but the evidence says so. And there is not a damn thing we can do about it because he supposedly created us.

This makes me sad.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I've sometimes imagined there is a family of gods out there (stay with me on this)....................you know, daddy god, mummy god & baby god.

And we got baby god...........who's school report say's 'COULD DO BETTER'

Just sayin'

Hoab

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

I read this a few months ago. Gave me much food for though....

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?”

-Epicurus, ancient Greek philosopher (341 BC to 270 BC)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit