Looking up scriptures during meetings

by Stealth 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Glander
    Glander

This is true : We had a 50'ish year old sister in our congregation who had memorized the Kings James Bible. She then could quote both the NWT and KJV versions verbatim. It was quite impressive. (not sure if that included all the "...begat..." in the OT but she could recite the passage in Luke of Jesus' forefathers.

I suspect she was a savant. She was pretty dim about other things.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I looked up the Scriptures in Hebrew, Greek, and like Blondie, in different translations. There was no point in reading those same scriptures in the NWT. By then I knew them by heart. The numbering didn't always correspond, and then I had to translate. Especially one elder fumed, becoming red in the face. I think I would have caused his death if he did not move away.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If I hear the words "let's turn to Hebrews 10:24 and 25 brothers" one more time I'll scream. I know what it bloody says already so let's call a bleading moritorium on that scripture can we?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Despite being very out of practice I'm still pretty much the quickest scripture looker upper at the hall. It gives me mischievous amusement that a nasty apostate like me finds the scriptures before all the true believers.

• Glander
    Glander

I saved my dog-eared, well thumbed NWT, with my margin notes (all kool-aid BS).

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Blondie, Damn right! Wandering around with no true purpose, minding everyone else. As a child, I was impressed how we could find isolated scripture so quickly. We had to be God's people to do it so well. I believe parakeets and dogs could do the same thing with training.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit