Joy based upon faith is just not enough

by sosoconfused 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

IYes Blues...

3 Years ago my grandmother died and she held on to her hopedown to the last.

The funny thing is she wasnt pushing it in our face, she said she was at peace and just wanted god to take her. Just sad to see people go not quite sure if they were happy with their choices

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

sosoconfused:

One of the tragedies of the JW religion is that it makes people not live in the "present" moment but to project into some imaginary future. This would be gypping yourself out of your present life.

To me, it was a dangerous game of pretend and I saw through it. I wasn't buying it anymore.

If you are not living in the present moment then you are not really there. It is like falling asleep in the movie theater and missing out on the flick you paid for.

• ReNayNay
    ReNayNay

WHen my parents took me out of public school and homeschooled me, I was having trouble with the high school math. My mom got my older brother's math notebook with all the answers in it and told me just to copy the answers down. She said I wouldn't wouldn't need math like that in the new system anyways. And it's not like I needed it for college! Now here I am at 25 and I'm just now getting around to college. It's sad how blind they are. I had friends who held off having kids because they were going to wait until the new system. Such a waste.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It caused me to waste a few years. The first year I joined, I found this fake joy and let everything else go. Result: Stagnation. At least it wasn't total, since I did end up buying a few items later that year (a 20 toilet paper watch, a cheap boombox--15 toilet papers, and a few Commodore 64 games). However, the focus was on prosperity in the future--instead of simply getting nothing, I went out and bought these few items.

Next year, I got hold of a dead account with 2650 toilet papers in it. With that transferred, I made sure all bills were current. Then I used half the remainder as a cushion, despite that the witlesses would try and make that security pale in comparison to the security of placing it in heaven (so joke-hova could take the whole thing). The other half, I splurged on things I wanted and could last a few years or more. I got several items I wanted, and got enjoyment out of them despite that the witlesses would try and say that I could have placed the whole thing in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund and enjoyed it more in the new system. Bunk.

Of course, eventually I got stuck getting things that gave me negative value--but it did its "damage". I got a better job, and the witlesses were saying how much better things would be in that new system. For now, I had reasonable security, and my bills were paid. But, I did have to waste money on a field circus bag, a crap note-taker recorder for the Grand Boasting Session, and on the Grand Boasting Session itself. Plus they wanted donations. Negative value now, fake positive value in the future. The fake positive value did nothing, and soon the place I worked for was hijacked by Elias Brothers who brought the whole chain down.

Move forward a few years. Early in the fall of 1991, we "needed" a new building. For what? Of course, I got scammed into pledging the equivalent of a cable bill's worth per month for that. For bad luck. It was supposed to be rewarded in the future by joke-hova. All broken promises. And I got the real consequences for paying for negative value (the bad luck). It led me to getting scammed into another job that didn't work, cuts in my pay and hours, burglaries, and getting forced to pay for rides to boasting sessions and more frequent suit dry cleanings (polluting the environment). That stagnation lasted more than a year, and they promised that I would be able to enjoy things "in the future". Ultimately, the place I worked for closed down--so much for spending on negative value now. At least I got a few items--very few--of value, and they always praised joke-hova for providing them, taking the fun away and pushing the real value into the indefinite future.

Always, they have been quick to push me away from such splurges (a "splurge" is spending money on something you enjoy, though not a necessity, spending extra on better quality or more enjoyment, or just having fun). The witlesses hated it when I had nice things. That nice Sports Multi-Timer watch was a sore spot on the witlesses. They didn't like that I was able to afford a few nice things, preferring that instead I throw it away on Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund or field circus expenses. Or even quitting my new job so I could pious-sneer. They viewed a splurge as something that would take away from the real fun after Armageddon. Besides, getting me to spend money on things that gave me negative value--besides a waste of money, doing that almost always preceded a disaster in my personal finances.

Never again will I be tricked into wasting money on things that give me negative value, just on promises. Yes, I still believe in wisely investing money in ways that will protect and grow wealth in conditions you reasonably foresee. Yes, I still believe in not wasting money on completely stupid things all the time. But, I will not defer spending sensibly simply because of some new order that simply will not be there. Left in the bank, it could be Cyrpus'd away or hyperinflation'd away. In the donation box, it generates negative value. In silver and gold, it is preserved. In goods I enjoy and expect to enjoy into the future, it is enjoyed. And, in learning a trade, it helps me to generate wealth after the dollar collapses regardless of whether that happens next week or in 20 years. But, to maximize the value I get from my wealth, not to waste it chasing joke-hova, is my objective now. I know I cannot take my wealth into the next life, but I can take the programming of my soul to attract--or repel--wealth. And enjoying things now could well help program my soul to attract it next life. Which means I get Disney World now, and New Zealand while everyone else has to go to jail/school.

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

TO sosoconfused

God Bless your beautiful heart. Find oyut joy and rest in Jesus your King in there there is no confusion , no sadness, no pain, onlu pure love friend. May i encourage you to look at my youtube channel ....seekchristonly

• wasblind
    wasblind

I am so glad that Rosa Parks, The Greensboro four, Martin Luther King and others who fought for civil rights of those denied didn't

" Wait " on the New System

Jehovah Witness come to your door claimin' what they offer is a simple Bible study

It's a trap. Full of foolish notions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit