Bibles out of stock

by turtleturtle 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• man oh man
    man oh man

An elder in my congo said he called a relative at headquarters and they said they are having a hard time keeping up with the demand in other languages. I felt like he was making this up but I am not sure. Are bibles out of stock in any other languages besides english?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

A "Bible-based" religion that doesn't have any Bibles ... How does that work?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Something's up. This is the religion which prides itself on printing zillions of bibles. There haven't been any for months now and such an experienced publishing house was wtbs wouldn't have trouble with keeping up with demand unless they were up the creek financially. Could they be tweaking the translation? Wouldn't that mean more decades of work translating into non English languages? I will be watching this development with considerable interest.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

A "Bible-based" religion that doesn't have any Bibles ... How does that work? . . . . . . . Good one

I know where quite a few copies are in NYC, at three of the set up tables that the Dubs now have in some of the subway stations I've noticed copies of the Bible in English as well as a few other languages, maybe because Bethel is here in the city they have easy access to copies.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    The GB and some DO's and CO's have been sporting "fatter" NWT's with a silver edging and a grey leatherette cover.
    This new edition had the appendixes that appear in other editions like the KIT and the Reference bibles.
  • Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

AHA new appendices! That would explain it!! Maybe they're incorporating a 'reasoning book' type section in the back as well.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

What do you think they are, a publishing company?

BTW, how can I get one of their Bibles? Do they sell them?

Also, have they gone through any changes over the years or is it the same version they had back in the 70s?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep, they've taken out the [square brackets] which indicate they've inserted words so it looks like the words actually belong there and they haven't changed anything. Sneaky.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I knew someone who took tours at the Walkill and Brooklyn facilities earlier in the year. None were available in English at either location.

There were a few Vietnamese editions, but that's it.

Wouldn't you think there'd be Bibles at the main offices?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit