On What Date Did Watchtower Have THE TRUTH?

by OnTheWayOut 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

Whenever Joseph Rutherford said "Religion is a snare and a racket." That date.

• designs
    designs

"We change our mind alot" David Splane

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Of course we have never understood the complete truth so it is always subject to change. As at present we know what we know but that will change again. Perhaps at the end of 1000 years, maybe, but there will always be something new to learn "

The dubs like to mention the [ new ] scrolls that will be opened... They just can't get a break can they? Nothing they assert has any real basis.

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I know! It was on the 12th ... the 12th of Never!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LOL! Excellent, Oubliette!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The CO at the " God's Word is Truth " DC, defined truth.

The truth = Truthful understanding of God's Word.

Truth:

1) Does not change. Real truth remains truth.

2) In the " world " truth changes. Man's predictions are often wrong.

3) The prophets never stated probabilities or assumptions.

4) The truth cannot contradict other " truth." Only one can be right.

5) Truth is verifiable facts.

So if they have a truthful understanding of God's Word, then they did not have that truthful understanding until after they changed "generation" to the overlap and "Faithful and Discreet Slave" to the Governing Body.

They did not have the truth in 1975 when they predicted the end nor in 1995 with a previous change to generation.

"Apparently," the Governing Body should not be compared in any way to "Prophets" as they make assumptions.

When it comes to any JW doctrine, it's unverifiable.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Yeah, right - NEVER!

I love scully's answer -

Whenever Joseph Rutherford said "Religion is a snare and a racket." That date.

Does the wt still believe and teach that one? There was a time when the wt didn't call itself a religion, so that slogan was apt. But it acquiesced with its NGO status in order to deal with legal matters in foreign countries - it had to prove itself a viable Christian religion. (It isn't; they lied.)

I remember subtle changes in tone throughout the 90's when I was in, and at some point they finally came out of the religion closet.

I wonder if they still own that quote...

• GreenhornChristian
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Important WBT$ Dates..

........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I know 1874 or was it 1878 wait 1914 no then 1915 or 1918 ok it was probably 1925 or wait thats it, it was 1943, 1944, 1975,2000, maybe 2014.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit