Move on.

by MsGrowingGirl20 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

After living a life where individualism and almost everything else is wrong, you kinda go crazy with excitement when you finally can be yourself. I guess that's why i started to run crazy with ideas and had such a burning desire to change myself and to find myself and to figure out who i was and now who i should be. I wanted to be in stark contrast to the org. The struggle is still going on but I think that I have some more insight now.

I was thinking of growing dreadlocks, in fact i even started to. Why? Because i was opposed to everything JW and just wanted to be different. But that's just like trying to get back or take revenge on the organization and I'm so over that. I'm not going to let them dictate my life anymore. I wasn't even happy with it but i wanted to see those brthers and sisters cringe when they see me.

There's also this girl that I know who got df about 2 months ago. She has two young kids but is so focused on showing the org who's boss and being so opposed to it that she is bar hopping almost every night with this guy, taking up all these different classes and sad to say, she is neglecting her children.

What I've learnt is that sometimes we're so focused on hurting the organization and showing how opposed we are to it that it can damage us. And we'll still be allowing it to control our lives.

Move on.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Throughout history small bands of dissenters have gathered together to affect change. We are writing a page in history day by day. The enemy is aware. The enemy is afraid. Before this tale has been told in its extreme, the enemy has already fallen. Rise up. Embrace destiny. Take what is belonging to us. Victory.

• mrsjones5
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

The best revenge is to live a good life, be happy and make good decisions. The organization doesn't care about those who have left, we are dead to them. It is sad to see, but the reality is some who leave do not go on to make good decisions in their life, because they did not leave for the right reasons, they are still under cult mind control.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am with Mrs. Jones. The girl who is bar-hopping and neglecting her kids needs to do something different, but "Just move on!" isn't really constructive advice for her.

If it works for you, great. Many are able to put all things JW behind them. Some fade away from this forum because of that. Others suffer for their various reasons like loss of family, friends, having their beliefs torn away, etc. etc.

I sometimes hate my high post count on JWN, but I know why I don't just move on. And I have no problem with someone thinking they missed out on dreadlocks or tattoos or whatever. If they can have a wild time without really hurting anyone, more power to them. If they are hurting someone, telling them to move on isn't going to be what they need.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OTWO:

I agree with you about moving on, even with respect to this forum.

In my everyday life I have certainly moved on from the JW religion. This place, though, is addictive and enjoyable and I love reading all the newbie posts.

I also learn what the latest outrageous nonsense the religion is spouting- and GLAD that I am no longer a captive audience. Even if I am not posting here, I am certainly reading all the great stories and wishing everybody the best.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Im trying to move on, but I am having issues.

When your family is dug in deep and their head is up their ass, it makes it tough to move on.

I wish I could.........but if any others can do it, I salute you!

Im very lonely right now......

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

It's good to see you MsgrowingGirl20.. I've had my eye on you since your first post.. "I'm a regular pioneer reading CoC"

you were the first person to begin to to awaken on here after I woke up... so it's been a year and a half since then .. I'm so glad to see you made it out..

I'm ready to move on from all things JW and exJW... I find my less and less interested in all this ... reading and posting.... blah bla ..

Any way you were always a very special interest of mine on here and I just wanted to say Hi and Bye and I wish you well in all you ever do

L8R T8R

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Thanks Tater T. That's nice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit