Indoctrinated Christians...

by new hope and happiness 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

We are always hearing of people who are around seeking after the Truth. I have never seen a (permanent) specimen. I think he has never lived. But I have seen several entirely sincere people who thought they were (permanent) Seekers after the Truth. They sought diligently, persistently, carefully, cautiously, profoundly, with perfect honesty and nicely adjusted judgment- until they believed that without doubt or question they had found the Truth. That was the end of the search. The man spent the rest of his hunting up shingles wherewith to protect his Truth from the weather.
    - Twain, "What is Man?"

My faith is nothing if I don't diligently, persistently question it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The unexamined life is not worth living for a human being - Socrates

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thanks for the replys...yes indoctrinated Christians are everywhere...since i started this post i have

A. been given a religiouse tract in the shopping mall, and the guy told me it he was in a train crash that killed five people, but God saved him. Yes right and the five that died were they not worthy of being saved?

B. i have politely refused a tract and was told i am lost in my sins....

C. i have seen so many chuch members out delivering variouse messages and i have thought what really is the message? Is it not this?

The year of the Messiah is coming, that he may come at any time for what to us is a thousand years is but a day for God. And this is a message that can not be answerd. Yet this event some time in the never arriving future is the message that i am to believe.My mesiah will come flying through the air riding a white horse. And this immident comming of the messiah will transform all the pain in suffering on the earth and it will be such a gloriouse happening.

Well if thats the message then the voice of reason in me says what is opposing his arrival? Why are his beloved children suffering and starving on eart today?

Anyway i am not going to say the message is a lie but i would have preferrd those who offerd me those tracts to have been a little more loving and not so judgemental. A little more tolerent and a little less offended that i didnt instantly accept my salvation from them.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

"indoctrinated Christians i know seem never to ever question their faith"

Questioning your faith ?

I think you mean questioning the doctrines of the

church you attend and the specific teachings

of any established church.

Faith is separate from doctrines.

Faith can remain when you cease to believe

doctrines that do not make sense.

Faith doesn't even need doctrines.

Faith is belief connected to God without explanation

or understanding or proof or definition or substance or reward,

its joy without cause, its light from within,

its peace undisturbed by human understanding or experience.

Faith carries us when all other resources are exhausted ,

when death may be the only outcome.

Faith secures us and transports us from material to non material being.

• irondork
    irondork

I question my belief system all the time.

ALL THE TIME !

Often, I'll read something on this forum that will trigger a personal study project to see if I have my pieces in order or if I need to adjust. Sometimes I'll just end up thinking about it for a few days.

We all understand the mind trap that defines the JW cult. That would certainly fit your assertion of Christians not questioning their faith. But your question had the tone of applying to Christians outside the cult and I am wondering what your criteria is when you say, "seem never to ever question".

I may not walk around with a puzzled look on my face but inside I am questioning my little Christian butt off.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Villagegirl what exquisite faith you have and what beautiful language you used to explain your faith.

Irondork my observation was not a blanket condemnation on indoctrinated Christians, just my personal observation of those i have met. And these personal encounters have not left me feeling about them as i do about you. Your words make me think how very lucky you are to have something left, something thats real to you. I envy your faith. Maybe i wish i could believe . i noticed your words were not written to convert me or judge me, and this has not been the case with the indoctriated Christians i have met since leaving the witnesses on there ministry.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

As noted by Shakespeare " the world is a stage" ...and may be indoctrinated Chistians see us as fictional charactors who they can write in to there beiefs?

i saw such a sincere witness, who displayed kindness and sensitivity standing in the shopping centre with a W.T in her hand...such a beautiful smile she seemed compssionate and caring....it seems faith energy caring compasion are not always instruments for truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit