Did You Ever Experiment At A New Kingdom Hall By Sitting In the Back, Or Wait To Be Greeted?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

There is much frustration from JWs who attended other Kingdom Halls because the JWs were not friendly and actually SMUG!

Social experiments on JW good manners and the "love that identifies the true Christians" did you find it?

It does not exist because they do not love each other unless they are authorized to from the WTS.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep, done both. Bad manners most of the time.

• *lost*
    *lost*

pish ........... I felt the none love.

Even when I was attending.

Haven't been near in about 4 mths ............. have I heard or seen from ayone in the congregation ......... nope.

I got really annoyed one time, cos this 'smug' kid out of 'strong' parents, was bashing the Catholics, in a Catholic area, lol.

I do recall thinking, jumped up hypocrites, there are so many Catholics who would put the witnesses to outright shame when it comes to being Christian.

made me really mad.

HYPOCRITES !!!!

• prologos
    prologos

even if these types have learned their rude behaviour from their parents or where ever, why is Christian teaching, the new personality, NT bible-principles never applied, read ?

Was not one of the ideals of the Jesus -record to produce a gentler, more open, innocent, genuine genre of humans?

WT straight jacked seems to have stifled all that.

The majority of KH fail the test, project the opposite image of meaningful human kindness and hospitality to strangers.

Do these cold, snobbish , cique-ish carricatures of the "new Personality" realize how they look to ousiders? do they care?

One of the understanding of the fable about the sheep and the goats is that the ever-present mythical Jesus is maintaining a watch over "the LEAST of his sisters/brothers" to see how and by who the insignificant ones are treated- or mis - treated.

If you think other wise, perhaps you might be looking down on others from BELOW.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    prologos - "Was not one of the ideals of the Jesus -record to produce a gentler, more open, innocent, genuine genre of humans?"

Absolutely.

But you can't build a worldwide movement on that.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I had to travel for my job several years ago & once made the effort to go the nearby kingdom hall for the ministry school etc.

It was a lovely new building with a long drive up to the hall doors.

I walked there as the hall was not far from my hotel. Should've realised the 'nature' of the congregation straight away as the JW's getting out of their cars along the drive just looked at me & then looked away & talked amongst themselves.

One of the attendance on the door welcomed me & help me find a seat.

NOBODY apart from this one JW & his wife spoke to me or showed any friendliness.

I sat there for two hours & the guy next to me didn't offer to share his books I didn't have with me & after the meeting even pretended I wasn't sat right next him.

NOBODY talked to me as I tried to make eye contact in the foyer on my way out, they just looked me up & down & went back to their little huddles.

They didn't know I was a JW, it could've been my very first JW meeting.

I'm sure if it had been my first time in a kingdon hall this visit would have also been my last.

It was the most unfriendly group of people I've ever met.

So different from the local 'worldly' people in the same area.

The personnel I met for the first time at the HQ of the company I had travelled to were very welcoming & some of friendliest people I've met.

They put the 'chrisian' JW's to shame.

• blondie
    blondie

We traveled and went to congregations where no one knew us...even tie (hubby) and skirt (me). Some were very cold; a few were friendly (smaller). One we passed several times over one year (coldest ever).

I was out in service with the CO's wife (new to the circuit). They had a little time before they had to start their assignment so visited the first congregation on their list a few weeks before their scheduled stop. No one knew what they looked like. I remembered the gossips trying to find someone that had met them, nada. It was Sunday and they came in and no greetings (no attendant at the door or near). They sat 5 rows up from the back. No greetings, every one running around. They stood around trying to engage someone in a conversation and they just kept on walking. The CO's wife said maybe they had been df'd and they missed the announcement.

When they did show up at the first congregation a few weeks later (2), the PO was all over them, friendly, showing them around. The CO's first talk was about greeting new people and gave his experience and then said "that happened right here in this KH two weeks ago to my wife and I." Then he gave some practical suggestions about greeting and how to treat new people, even other jws new to the congregation.

I remember a CO sent into help a congregation with 2 fighting factions, and neither side talked them for six weeks.

I have found that if a culture in general has a strong hospitality base, this is less likely to be seen in the KH.

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

for the last year we attended the meeting we would sit in the back room, it was easier with the kids and the "friends" would not even give us the time of day ( So loving) so one night we were going to the back room to get a seat and an elder come up to us and said: "you can't sit in there "(closing the door), you need to go in the front" so i turned to him in reply " well if you are going to come sit with me and take care of my kids and get up every few minutes then i would gladly sit in the front" i then opened the door and sat in my seat needless to say he never looked or talked to us again lol

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I can feel the love.......blondie & lionsden

Oh yes I can feel the love.

Hoab

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, I guess when you're part of a subculture with a "Satan's World is out to get us" mandate, contains members who lead secret "double lives", and fosters internal paranoia about "mentally diseased apostates", you're gonna get a socially dysfunctional environment within the subculture.

Truly, a "spiritual paradise".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit