Knocking on a Kingdom Hall door

by trujw 19 Replies latest social humour

• trujw
    trujw

I have been thinking latley about having a little fun. I want to dress up in a suite go to the Kingdom Hall during a meeting and knocking on the door to offer them a religious track. Maybe I will record it and put it on youtube. Oh the looks on their faces would be classic. Maybe you can help me with my oppening line.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

They already feel persecuted enough, and this feeds into their 'safe sanctuary from enemies' reasoning. I just don't believe in interrupting any religious service, regardless of the sect involved. They might not have any respect for other beliefs, but I'm certainly not joining them in that.

• Comatose
    Comatose

"Hi, I know you may be busy so I'll be breif. I'm sure you would agree that the world seems to be in constant political struggles? I wanted to leave you this tract explaining God's Kingdom and invite everyone to our local church next week for a sermon. No collection plates are passed. I hope you can make it!"

Hands tract with a smile and walks off.

• trujw
    trujw

Good point Las I will drive up before the meeting and ask "if this life all their is!" Honestly I wouldn't do it but isn't it just as rude to knock on a strangers door first thing in the morning. I think it would be fun to give them a piece of their own medicine.

• Vidiot
  • Tater-T
  • ?evrything
  • blondie
    blondie

Back in Russell's day, the Bible Students used to stand outside the churches and hand out religious tracts. I'll see if I can find out what the tracts said.

• jam
    jam

We invite you to our Church to hear an important massage.

Jesus told us the end will come when his words are preached

thru out the world, Matt. 24. There is still a lot of work to be done.

We invite you to join us in this wonderful work, there are still billions

to be reach. We beleieve the fulfilment of this prophecy will take

place around 2030. We would appreciate your help since you have

the experience in predictions.

• steve2
    steve2
    Back in Russell's day, the Bible Students used to stand outside the churches and hand out religious tracts. I'll see if I can find out what the tracts said.

Yes, they were largely a quiet and respectful presence in Russell's day. But in Rutherford's day it was a different story: Bands of Witnesses met outside churches just before the services and loudly declaimed (by loud hailer and/or gramophone records) the churches. When the churches objected to the invasion of their right to worship and called the authorities to remove the witnesses, the witnesses cried, "Persecution! Enemies of free speech!".

Interestingly enough this expose-type work did not last long because (ahem!) Rutherford astutely realized he was training up the witnesses to be well-practiced at exposing other groups and if the witnesses ever became disaffected with the Watchtower, they'd have a bunch of skills they could use against the Watchtower! Besides, I guess a fledgling common sense prevailed: Very few people are drawn to this kind of noisy expose work. You tend to attract nutters not the general public who are easier to fleece.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit