Jehovah's Secret past life............. by the way no one told me he was married.

by 5go 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 5go
    5go

Actually I had known about the wife part I didn't know that the tetragramaton had been found on a wall in egypt next to heirglyphs hat talked about a town named Jehavah (really they called it Yahu but it was the tetragramaton anyways) I thought it intering Yahu was the god of War. His wife Asherah, (Which Yahu's cult tried to destroyed all mention of her) was the Goddess of Love and Procreation. Explains a lot, a whole lot when you think about it! It makes sence why his cult fears sex so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahu

Yahweh, prior to becoming Yahweh the national god of Israel and taking on monotheistic attributes in the 6th century BCE, was a part of the Canaanite pantheon in the period before the Babylonian captivity. Archeological evidence reveals that during this time period the Israelites were a group of Canaanite people. Yahweh was seen as a war god, and equated with El. Asherah, who was often seen as El's consort, has been described as a consort of Yahweh in numerous inscriptions. [ 1 ] The name Yahwi may possibly be found in some male Amorite names. [ 2 ] Yahu may be found in a place name.

According to Botterweck and Ringgren, the earliest known occurrence of the name "Yahu" is its inclusion of the name "the land of Shasu-y/iw" in a list of Egyptian place names found in the temple of Amon at Soleb (see also Shasu of Yhw), from the time of Amenhotep III (1402-1363 BCE). [ 3 ] The place name appears to be associated with Asiatic nomads in the 14th to 13th centuries BCE. A later mention from the era of Ramesses II (c. 1303 BCE – 1213 BCE) associates Yahu with Mount Seir. From this, it is generally supposed that this Yahu refers to a place in the area of Moab and Edom. [ 4 ] Whether the god was named after the place, or the place named after the god, is undecided. [ 5 ]

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wonder how he feels about having his wife taken away from him.

S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Frustrated

• 5go
    5go

Dude I would be pissed

Yahu: Yeah your nation will be destroyed twice.

Cultest: Why twice?

Yahu: The second time is for emphasis.

• confusedteenager
    confusedteenager

Further confusion. "What is truth?".

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

PBS had a documentary. Archaeologists found couples of YHWH and Asherah all over Israel. The findings are widespread geographical. In fact, they extend into a time when monotheism supposedly existed. I believe there are no statues of YHWY wihtout Asherah. She was the dominant one. There are small household objects. It is possible there was a formal monotheist gig going on in the capitol. There is no doubt that at home people worshipped a goddess.

Makes one think. Not even a single fragment can be identified from the times of King David or King Solomon. There is also no record that would exist if it happened for many Bible stories.

I wish they would run these documentaries every night.

• 5go
    5go

The History Channel had something simular recently which is why I posted this. I wish they would do more of those.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Does anyone know more about what happened to Asherah and how a monotheistic religion emerged? Were there monetheistic centers?

In fact, I am curious as to how judaism became distinct from its original religions. When Judaism start?

We take so much for granted. I have no clue as to the above questions. Most of my study has involved NT.

Any info would be appreciated.

What societal goals would be served by a patriarchal monotheistic religion? Are these merely bad neighbor fights?

• 5go
    5go

Judaism as we know basically got started around Josiah's reign and was pretty much formalized during the dispora into Babylon. About this time Genesis was probally written as many of Babylon's creation myths made it into Genesis all be it changed to center on the Jews.

Then the Persians came into the picture. You see there probally was never a Solomons Temple (in fact Solomon wasn't an Isrealite his name is a clue to that as it constains the name Amon (Sol-O(A)mon) in it which even Davids name was out of place in the israelite naming system) but by the time of Cyrus those claiming to be Jews (which were probally not even genetic Israelites by that time) had a legend of such a thing.

So Cyrus needing a buffer against Egypt decided to use the Jews to fill that need. So you see Cyrus' setting of the Jews free wasn't so much of an act of kindess but a defence strategy. He even gave them money to rebuild (more like build as if it did have walls before they weren't that good) Jerusalem's walls and build a temple to their god. Which was really the Persian's god as Persian philosphy was mixed in with Jewish. Mainly in the form of the struggle between light versus dark. It was probally about that time Djinn (also knowns as Satans) which were numerous became just one Satan God of evil and lies, now against YahWeh God of good and truth.

Anyways back onto the temple Cyrus knew the Egyptian might try to conquer this new Kingdom of Israel. So he made sure that it had a huge temple (fortess really for good reason and it was used as such many times) to keep them from being over run. If they did they wouldn't asimulate as it was the custom of the time to destroy any temples and make the populace convert to the religion of their captuers. Having such a huge temple (as a fortess to boot) would be hard to destroy and hence it would bolster resistance to the occupation. This strategy worked, only to well and Israel eventaully grew distant from the Persians, to the point they welcomed the Greeks when they came as liberators, at least at first.

That should be enough for now as somebody is going to call this all BS.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's true Cyrus wanted to use Egypt as a buffer kingdom. I don't know about the devils though cuz I haven't done the research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit