Did You Ever Read ????????

by YYHWH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

My favorite was reading the Bible from cover to cover (several times) without Watchtower support texts to "explain" it.

• RR
    RR

I read the magazines cover to cover the moment they were in my hands. I'm a bookworm and read fast, I use to the read the new releases on the bus trip back from convention.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

As irony has it, I never read the Bible until after I left. I read a couple of other books. Of note, The Divine Plan of the Ages. I thought this one had better explainations for a few things (e.g. permission of evil) than some of the recent pubs.

• gumby
    gumby

NEW RELEASE
    REVELATION BOOK
    TRUTH BOOK
    FINISHED MYSTERY

Most of the above mentioned books were read and covered at book study.
    For those who studied their lesson would have read them.
    I conducted and so read them all.

As for the bible....never cover to cover with a bookmark each time I stopped. Rather different books at different times, but i have read it all much more than once.

I missed A LOT of the magazine articles except study articles as I conducted that also....questions from readers was the first thing I read. Never liked the Awake as I always felt it wasn't a part of what we stood for.

I learned a lot of good things and I learned a lot of non truths.

The main regret was not learning what the true message of the bible was through ANY of it's literature.

• gumby
    gumby

The main regret was not learning what the true message of the bible was through ANY of it's literature.

I would like to add.....had I learned the message from it's literature I would not have remained a witness all my life.

Actually ...if the message WAS in their literature , they would have never existed.

• heathen
    heathen

I read alot of publications cover to cover but never converted. live forever-greatest man-revelation-daniel-isaiah-The bible-creation and many publications.I guess it is just a past time with me .

• COMF
    COMF

I missed the Finished Mystery, and couldn't slog my way through a yearbook. Read the rest. I've been through the bible cover to cover 4 times.

What... you guys didn't do your weekly bible reading? For shame.

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

I read almost everything I was supposed too (ugh). I was such a good witness for a while, like age 15 years plus. You know what really bothered me though, the Creation book. It just seemed straange. The "nailing the coffin shut" stuff was so overused! "The lady (organization)doth protest too much, methinks." Other than that, I never made it through one whole Yearbook.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Most After I left JWs.

I have read the Bible through a couple of times, some of the particular books in it many times.
    I have read many of the modern JW publications through for research purposes.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I never read the Bible from cover to cover, but often read all of the WTs and Awakes.

I also enjoyed the Revelation book, loved studying that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit