Do you know of any criminals that became JW?

by Iamallcool 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

There was a convicted murderer that became JW in my old congregation. Actually he committed manslaughter, he killed another guy in a bar fight. I think he served 15 years in prison. (I do not remember the exact number of years he served in person)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I know JWs that became criminals.

• hoser
    hoser

Rutherford

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

I know a former gang member that is studying with the JWs and is making "great progress." He is actually a really nice guy; other than him, I don't know any reformed criminals in the Org.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Rose West, murderer. Peter Sutcliffe, serial killer.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Some guy in a neighboring cong did time for armed robbery before becoming Jw, I know a born in who left jws, became a heroin dealer and did time for that n became a Jw later, also a pedo who did time as a Jw, maybe dfd, actually heard of another Jw pedo in prison but can't confirm veracity; a sister who used to be a dealer but never got caught...I know of quite a few crims.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hard line terrorist, changed his life and became jw

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

JWs is not all bad as these crims who convert become law abiding citizens who don't drain our taxes by having to be maintained in prisons. Also I think of people who give up drugs and stuff because they 'find God'- in any religion.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I know a guy who was a drug dealer who became a witness. I also know a guy who was a witness who murdered his baby momma. Yeah so I've seen it both ways. But if you read the watchtower they only feature the stories of people who were criminals who came to Jehovah and turned their lives around.

• Open mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit