Is Blind Obedience to group of men supported by Scripture?

by nugget 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nugget
    nugget

Many of us were the same. I would look for any weakness in the argument or contradiction and focus on that one area whilst ignoring all the valid points they made. Now I love debate and the flow of ideas. I have learnt to respect other people and listen to their point of view properly.

• Obadiah
    Obadiah

Great Post Nugget.

My letter of warning to my congregation pretty much mirrored what you said. (I sent one to almost every member) I have also written articles dealing with the scriptures you quoted at Obadiah Blogs. (You can Google Obadiah Blogs if you want to read them.)

It's ironically hypocritical that for thirty somewhat years we were told to go door to door asking people to read the literature and look up the scriptures and make sure that what was written was in the Bible. When I did this with my letter...many were reluctant to read it and reason on the scriptures. After sending a second letter, I was disfellowshipped for "causing divisions". (compare what Jesus says in Luke 12:51) I asked one elder if he would at least read the letter and look up the scriptures...he said "Oh no we would not read anyones letter...that's how it all starts". Hypocrites... I should have said "but isn't that what we ask the householders to do?" I wasn't quick enough...I was just dumbfounded.

Anyway...great post.

Agape, Obadiah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit