SEP/OCT "Answer Sheet"... Sisters need to keep their questions to themselves...

by Calebs Airplane 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Firstly, thanks to Atlantis for the answer sheet he just provided...

Can you believe the unmitigated gall of the WT in providing this answer to question 3? :

3. What did Paul mean when he wrote that women should “keep silent in the congregations”? (1 Cor. 14:34) [Sept. 9, w12 9/1 p. 9, box] Paul advised not only women but all who had the gift of tongues and prophecy to “keep silent” when another believer was speaking. (1 Cor. 14:27-30, 33) Likely some Christian women were so enthusiastic about their newfound faith that they interrupted the speaker to ask questions, as was the custom in that part of the world. To avoid such disorder, Paul encouraged them to “question their own husbands at home.” (1 Cor. 14:35)

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

Sounds like Saudi Arabia's "theocratic arrangement".

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Likely........this is BS.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Serious question; At this meeting with Paul, how many were present? 20? 200? 500? 1,000?

If it was a large crowd, it would be reasonable that Paul would request some order. Asking that women seek answers from their husbands at home does not imply that women were inferior, it simply suggests that perhaps the crowd was very large.

Paul advised not only women but all who had the gift of tongues and prophecy to “keep silent” when another believer was speaking.

I think singling out women by Paul is quite a stretch.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is NOT scriptural when you read all the scriptures where Paul favored women. They were bishops of the church. Powerful deacons, too. It is a lie.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh yes, leading off with a weasal word. "Likely". How likely?

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Look you women just need to learn your place. And don't backtalk your husband. Now get into that kitchen and bring me some beandip!!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This 1950's mentality is just not going to go away anytime soon. I hear about it from the few dubs I still communicate with. Just the other day, one dubs who is going through a divorce was ranting about how his ex wants equal rights, and women's lib is on her mond. I was like, "WHat country do u think we live in, Soudi Arabia? Why wouldn't a human have the same rights of another human? If you were a child and your Mom couldn';t make the same wage to provide for hersel and u, wouldn't that be wrong?"

These guys just want the world to be like it was in the 1st century. Beat and divorce your wife for making a bad meal

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

"likely" - ROFL

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Wha happened... did you also notice the other "weasel" phrase? "as was the custom in that part of the world". So not only do these clowns in Brooklyn pretend to be proficient in the ancient Greek language, they would also like people to believe that they're anthropology professors as well. They really do make shit up as they go along, don't they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit