'Not Believing In The Devil Is The Main Cause Of Atheism' Says Priest Who Insists Pope Francis DID Perform An Exorcism

by cantleave 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

These idiots still believe still believe in doing exorcisms.......

The Catholic Church’s leading exorcist says he will ask Pope Francis to grant all priests the power to perform the ritual amid what he describes as “a huge demand” for the service.

Father Gabriele Amorth, who claims to have carried out 160,000 exorcisms himself, says he was prompted to make the request after witnessing what he insists was the Pope carrying one out in St Peter’s Square earlier this month.

Francis was filmed placing his hands on the head of a boy sitting in a wheelchair after a Pentecost Mass. Full story linked below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/31/-devil-atheism-priest-insists-pope-francis-did-perform-exorcism_n_3364818.html?1370002133

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

160,000 exorcisms?

So if he has been at it for 60 years, taking Sundays off of course, that would still come out to 8.5 per day! I wonder if he does these one a time or in groups! I'm gonna call bullshit.

Oh and I love it when they have the balls to explain how others have a lack of belief. No, it ain't the fall guy Satan, its your man upstairs that can't seem to get his act together.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice little sideline, I wonder what he charges?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I arranged for exorcisms during my pain siege. Of course, I did not believe it literally. My reasoning was that my childhood fear of demons might be put to constructive use. The exorcism consisted of a prayer from the Book of Common Prayer. No big deal.

There was one particular priests that I thought could scare demons. He was hard to approach. I never saw him for an exorcism. I kept him in reserve. When it did not work, i did not want to be discouraged. Fantasies are useful.

I even tried praying to a candidate for sainthood.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Oh, I showed up at a faith healer's service. She was in the Pentecostal religion and slayed people in the Holy Spirit. Friends that I trusted said why not. There were so many upper middle class young terminal cancer patients. The people fainted backwards. Their bodies went down slowly and gracefully. My friend, my mom, and I stood up for our turn. I kept saying to go with the flow. Now is not the time for intellect. She came and commanded me to die and to be reborn in the Holy Spirit. Nothing happened. I did not even feel tension. What I did feel like was that I was an anthropology student doing field studies. She tried harder and harder. Not one of us felt the slightest thing.

The mass hypnosis intrigues me. Everyone responded in the same manner. Of course, she could have a plant in the audience.

• cofty
    cofty
    Francis was filmed placing his hands on the head of a boy

Well that makes a refreshing change.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

As long as he don't put them any place else we got nothing to worry about

• designs
    designs

Who has the power of Voodoo you doo.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Cofty, what a sly remark. It was the highlight of my evg. I was not expecting humor.

I suppose God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit is insufficient. We need to add Satan. This priest should be forced to take a first Holy Communion class. Satan is a subordinate creature, not God. They are never equals. Why Christianity invented such a person is beyond me. Judaism views Satan as a good advocate for humans in their struggles with God. We needed to lawyer up. C.S. Lewis wrote so well concerning this in the Screwtape Letters.

The Screwtape Letters are a series of letters from an uncle senior demon in Hell to his nephew demon in the field, Earth. They are so humorous and enlightening.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Francis was filmed placing his hands on the head of a boy

cofty: Well that makes a refreshing change.

----

They didn't specify which one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit