War broke out in heaven

by irondork 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. - Revelation 12:7-9

This took no time at all, for it is written: w97 5/1 p.29 Remember that according to Revelation 12:9, 10, with the establishment of God’s heavenly Kingdom in 1914, Satan was cast down to the vicinity of the earth. But it took Jesus three years to figure out who his true followers were on earth. I guess he was a little war-weary, huh?
  • prologos
    prologos

He was waiting to see who could come up with the most outrageous story. it was THIS that satisfied him:

Millions now living might/WILL never die.

Oldies will be resurrected -in sunny california, 1925

Babylon has fallen, again,

The world HAS ended, the GOLDEN AGE awake!!! is upon us.

He knew then that the good stuff would keep coming like the July 15 issue of the companion magazine to the goldenageawake.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Dragons aren't real. Neither is Satan.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Michael is not Jesus...

• prologos
    prologos

Heaven, what do you mean not real? remmeber the song:

Puff the magic dragon -- giving away me age -- of unbelief.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven, what do you mean not real? remmeber the song:

Puff the magic dragon -- giving away me age -- of unbelief.

I do remember that song prologos. It was part of my childhood. I'm-a gettin' older as well.

I thought that song was about smoking drugs though... but maybe that's an urban legend.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Isn't there some quote somewhere that claims the war in heaven took many months until satan was thrown out?

These things take time.

• St George of England
    St George of England

One thing is very clear, since Satan came on the earthly scene in 1914 or 1918, things have definitely got BETTER.

People live longer, have a better health care, don't die of a common cold.

I have asked many Bro's & Sis's if they would rather have been born 100 or 200 years ago, before Satan was cast down to us; no one seemed to fancy the idea!

George

• watson
    watson

Visions of "Thor".

• jam
    jam

I always wondered how did the coversation go with

Satan and those he got to follow him, what words did

he use to persuade such a large group of angels. Did he

go to each and every angel, did he have a rally (underground

movement some place in heaven that God didn,t know about).

Come on, did he tell them God is losing it, he is not in touch

with reality, he,s power hungry. How did he convince so many?

It,s a crazy story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit