How to teach TTATT from the inside?

by man oh man 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation has always been a commercialized false prophet or a exploitive apostate toward the true gospel of the bible.

People leave the WTS./JWs because they finally find the truth about the the truth.

It really was and is today a spiritual paradise of corruption headed by men using a publishing House which they

have complete control over the editorial writings. One could say they are selling their own self empowerment

through means of exploitation and devious tactics.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Use the bible, not WTBTS publications.

Its pretty amazing what you can teach from the platform if you simply use the New Testament. So many opportunities to "Praise Jesus" which is not an approved statement if you review the literature. Always point to Jesus as the example instead of the GB. Never ever say faithful slave or Governing body in your conversations, use Jesus instead.

Stop saying "the truth". Ask people when they becaome a Jehovah's witness, instead of when they came into "the truth". Along with that try to eliminate all "loaded language" from your vocabulary. Use normal statements instead. You never know when something like this will trigger a brain cell to activate.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Maybe:

• I was asked a puzzling question at the door, can you help?

Then any of the following:

• Is legalism apostasy?
    • What is the gospel in one word?
    • For how many years have you been a "publisher of the good news"?
    • What is the "good news" according to Paul?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FERNANDO: Maybe:

• I was asked a puzzling question at the door, can you help?

Then any of the following:

• Is legalism apostasy?
    • What is the gospel in one word?
    • For how many years have you been a "publisher of the good news"?
    • What is the "good news" according to Paul?

Fernando, I must respectfully ask you:

You post these blurbs frequently as though they should be an eye-opening expose'. I've been in The Truth(TM) over 40 years and those questions wouldn't and even now still do not have a tinkers damn bit of significance to me. Any JW would just look at a person wide-eyed and think they were crazy and rambling on with meaningless jibberish.

Please, what are you trying to say?

What makes you think that these questions are so significant?

(And please, no "Lars" style answer. If you can't explain it to someone in a couple sentences or at least paragraphs, how is any JW ever gonna grasp it?)

Thanks!

Doc

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Ask questions that are not printed at the bottom. Open ended questions. JW are group thinkers and need encouragement to say how THEY personally feel. If you can arrange a buddy or two to work with you, to break the ice, it would be worth all the elders glaring looks. And oh... LOTS of praise for giving an individual thought.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I've been thinking about this too, there are plenty of opportunities in the highlights of the bible reading, wt study, book study, to bring out controversial yet incontrovertible facts..

I nearly did this this week regarding Jesus being the mediator for all men. I was gonna tow the party line and quote the wt that says he's actually the mediator only for the 144000 but that we benefit by association, something clearly taught but clearly NOT what the scriptures say. .

I chickened out.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Cap'n,

I remember when I woke up and was paying close attention to the public talks, a guy came in that I had know since a kid.

His talk was about Jesus, and in his summary at the end he emphatically stated Jesus was our mediator. To this day I think he really believes that, and doesn't know the official WTBTS doctrine.

The thing of it is that as long as you use a scripture in a talk that states something so obvious, you can then ramble on afterwards empasizing the point even if it is not "WT Doctrine" because so many literally DO NOT KNOW the official doctrine!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Lost generation, i know, I'm one of 'em!

I'm only just now coming to realise what we teach, taught, and now deny!

I'm thinking we can use our answers in these items to stir a bit of thinking, it doesn't have to be from the platform...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit