How to teach TTATT from the inside?

by man oh man 17 Replies latest jw friends

• man oh man
    man oh man

Hello all, Just wanted to compile a list of tricks and techniques on witnessing to others for us on the inside, especially those of us that still give talks. Do you have a tried and tested way of doing this or do any have some ideas? How can we plant seeds from the platform without being obvious?

Thanks

• hoser
    hoser

use the bible as your authority just like Jesus did.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think we could more easily compile a list of things NOT to do.

After this summer’s hate speech at the conventions, the rank and file are probably going to be more on guard against the fictitious enemy the GB has created.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Funny, I had this exact conversation with a newly awakened one this morning.

our consensus is to use the "new light" in the following manner......

Acting confused ask the question......"so if the slave was appointed in 1919, how are we sure 1914 is accurate if Russell didn't have a hotline to Jesus? If 1919 is based off of 1914 and there was no slave in 1914, how do we know 1919 is right?" (Their eyes and mind should be spinning by now)

"Why did it take the Faithful slave 94 years to figure out who they really are? It seems like if Jesus appointed them in 1919 he would have made it clear then, and not wait almost 100 years. That doesn't make any sense"

"Any rate I look forward to getting the answers to my confusion when we study the article."

Siam

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SIAM: "Why did it take the Faithful slave 94 years to figure out who they really are? It seems like if Jesus appointed them in 1919 he would have made it clear then, and not wait almost 100 years. That doesn't make any sense"

It was actually only 93 years, remember that this "New Light" was first announced last year at the Annual Meeting on October 6th, 2012 and then posted on jw.org on November 9th, 2012.

Not that this really makes much of a difference. It's just good to get our facts straight when pointing out the fallacies of WT "Theology."

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Good point Señor Oubliette. I forgot that they rolled this dumpster of a doctrine out at the annual meeting.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thanks for starting this thread man oh man. What do you think of the following ideas?

If JWs usually see "TATT" when they feel disillusioned with JWs and/or the WTBTS, how would reading from the platform more scriptures from the Bible showing the contrasts between what Jesus Christ taught versus the Pharisees, and then asking the congregation to do more to support the WTBTS in a way that might get JWs to view the GB as Pharisees. This method uses a technique that Steve Hassan recommends to compare what is bad in a different dangerous cult than the member's dangerous cult. Also, try to promote to JWs to follow along on their tablets by asking them to access the Watchtower on jw.org to save printing costs for the Study Editions - hopefully some will go to JWN instead!

Before and after the meetings, ask individual JWs why they look so tired and ask them how they feel. If they say they feel tired or don't know why, you could ask them if they have gone to WebMD or used Google to search for causes. You could also ask them if they plan on going on a vacation and booking their travel using the internet. I would recommend www.travelzoo.com and signing up for the local daily promotions. You could also recommend that they book their hotel accommodations to DC's using the internet to find the cheapest accommodations with the best value. I sometimes wonder if the WTBTS gets kick-backs from hotels that they recommend that JWs stay at.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Share interesting questions that "someone else" asked you. (Someone from work, school, family, field service, etc)

How should you answer these stumpers? Then let THEM explain.

Doc

• 5go
    5go

Simply put there is no way the safe guards that the GB have put up are pretty much unbreakable unless they person in question is doubting already. Even then you tend to get what I call Marge Syndrome ( Marge Simpson ) and the rat you out because of their conscience. Which is what the GB have programmed to do.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I read a good question to ask is 'Why did it take Jesus and Jah 3 years of inspecting to find the brothers in 1919, were they not already anointed and did'nt Jah already know the heart of David before he sent Samuel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit