I have a BIG decision to make.......

by pandora 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• pandora
    pandora

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas here. I have really enjoyed seeing where your brains take you. :)

Just to let you all know, I'm not a newbie to being away from the JWs. I'm 43 and have been out since I was 16. But it took till I was 30 to realize that it wasn't "the Truth". It was a tough year or two, learning that everything you had been told was a lie, and even tougher that your loved ones still believe. I have 3 sisters, all of which fell away and 1 of which went back. SAD! And I'm pretty sure that the only reason another of my sisters doesn't go back is because she is gay and they won't except her. I fear she still believes. Our Mother, of course, has never faultered in her belief. She is lost to most of us.

So I spent the first couple years of learning about the deception obsessively. I have Files of printed information should I even need to show it to someone else wondering about the validity of the cult. But those files have been tucked away for years now.

This tattoo is part of my process of solidifying my stand against them. It will be a final stand that I will always have. I have no reason or desire to Fight or obsess over it any longer. But there will be one final statement. And I will go to the grave with it. (And I will show my mother :)

I'm thinking seriously about the crumbling rubble of the watch tower. That one really speaks to me. My next step is to find the artist that will do the work. And of course, to decide the least painful place to put it. haha.

That is what I need next. Least painful place to put it. Tell me what you think. Arm? Shoulder? Thigh? What has been your experience?

Does that make me sound chicken? OK, Maybe a little. But I will overcome! I am woman! Someone WILL hear me ROAR!

Thanks everyone!

• pandora
    pandora

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas here. I have really enjoyed seeing where your brains take you. :)

Just to let you all know, I'm not a newbie to being away from the JWs. I'm 43 and have been out since I was 16. But it took till I was 30 to realize that it wasn't "the Truth". It was a tough year or two, learning that everything you had been told was a lie, and even tougher that your loved ones still believe. I have 3 sisters, all of which fell away and 1 of which went back. SAD! And I'm pretty sure that the only reason another of my sisters doesn't go back is because she is gay and they won't except her. I fear she still believes. Our Mother, of course, has never faultered in her belief. She is lost to most of us.

So I spent the first couple years of learning about the deception obsessively. I have Files of printed information should I even need to show it to someone else wondering about the validity of the cult. But those files have been tucked away for years now.

This tattoo is part of my process of solidifying my stand against them. It will be a final stand that I will always have. I have no reason or desire to Fight or obsess over it any longer. But there will be one final statement. And I will go to the grave with it. (And I will show my mother :)

I'm thinking seriously about the crumbling rubble of the watch tower. That one really speaks to me. My next step is to find the artist that will do the work. And of course, to decide the least painful place to put it. haha.

That is what I need next. Least painful place to put it. Tell me what you think. Arm? Shoulder? Thigh? What has been your experience?

Does that make me sound chicken? OK, Maybe a little. But I will overcome! I am woman! Someone WILL hear me ROAR!

Thanks everyone!

• pandora
    pandora

OK What am I missing here? I see no way to delete errant posts. I don't know How that second one got posted and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I'm really not an idiot. I swear! But for some reason this place has me failing miserably.

I don't mean to be such a newbie here.

If anyone can enlighten me, I won't make the same mistakes twice. Or point me to the page that explains it all.

sorry guys! :(

• Comatose
    Comatose

I would say arm is less painful than thigh.

• blondie
    blondie

Tattoos were a big topic at work this week. Who had them, who wanted to get them, who wished they could get rid of theirs (or at least move them).

Two things kept coming up

1) Check the prices...more expensive than many imagined

2) Get it in a spot that can be covered up for a job interview...no schwastikas on the forehead.

and

3) get it from a reputable tattoo artist/business and no names of loved ones unless you are sure it will last

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit