I have a BIG decision to make.......

by pandora 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• pandora
    pandora

Sorry for the previous post..... I fat fingered and can't figure out how to delete it...

I want a Tattoo, but I want it to make a statement. And that statement is that I think the JW's are a cult and bad in all ways.

I'm an atheist now, but I don't want to get an Atheist tattoo. It's just too cliche for me. Have you ever seen the Toxic symbols for religion? That is really cool, but they don't include the JWs and I'm not sure how I could. I thought about adding the Watchtower symbol as the T, but you Just GOTTA have the Cross!

So I'm coming to you, for some ideas. I'm hoping someone here has thought of this before and came up with something unique and awesome.

Thanks for any help you can give

-P(j)

• besty
    besty

How about a statement representing freedom?

It'll outlive your negativity surrounding JW;s, and its a much more interesting concept.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

How about the old Watchtower logo with the cross?

http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/jehovah-witness.html

• pandora
    pandora

Leaving_Quietly - I like the old logo! that kills two birds with one stone. NICE!

Besty - I have thought about the Freedom aspect. I'm not ruling that out. Just haven't seen anything that has spoken to me yet. Any pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

How about something a little more subtle: an old, crumbling, ruined brick building, all alone and overgrown with grass and weeds, and upon closer examination, the building originally had the shape of... the Watchtower logo.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

How you think and feel today will likely change in the future. Consider how you will feel years from now before you tattoo yourself with any slogan.

• Auntfancy
    Auntfancy

My husband and I joke that we are going to get the watchtower symbol and then have a red line drawn through it like the ghostbuster sign. Say No to watchtower!

• mind blown
    mind blown

I dunno hon. I hear where you're coming from. But just the simple the fact you're going to get a tattoo is a statement enough against the WTS. My suggestion is to get something that represents YOU. The new you. Your personality. Your being.

I know the WTS was a part of your life then, but to me, it's carving more bad memories into your flesh. We already have it carved in our psych.

I'm a female. When I left the WTS I got tattoos. It was more crossing a threashold into a new life thing for me. I chose armbands on each side with a tribal but fem design. I placed my tattoos there because it's more of a statement... "I'm free to do as I wish. F**K U"......yes and I'm still happy with mine.

Take your time.

• pandora
    pandora

Vidiot - I LOVE that Idea!!!

See? I knew you guys would be a wealth of ideas.

Please keep them coming. I want options!

I also HATE the Jesus fish. So I'm thinking of the getting the Jesus fish with Sushi written in it. I LOVE sushi!!

I might figure out a couple of tattoo ideas! I'm loving this!

Anybody else?

Auntfancy - Love the Say NO to Watchtower. That is really good too! Thanks.

And don't worry rip van winkle, I'll be hating the JW's for a VERY long time. And if I change my mind, I hope someone will slap me and show me my tattoo!!!!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

My daughter Gojira just got a tattoo to represent her freedom from WTBT$, it's a beautiful bunch of cherry blossoms that represents 'freedom or rebirth' to her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit