Pre-cleaning the district convention venue

by hoser 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

OTWO said, " It was the only time there was no straw and manure everywhere."

All the shit was moved to the audio system.

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

Past yearbooks have had several experiences from around the world of stadium management being dazzled by the JWs diligent cleaning of their stadiums. Whenever some official was quoted as saying how he wished all people were like Jehovah’s Witnesses, this was usually always highlighted in convention talks.

What never dawned on the people making those statements is that if all people were like JWs, nobody would be playing the professional sports for which those stadiums were built. Instead, the world would just be filled with pastel colored auditoriums.

• cofty
    cofty

When I was a kid the cleaning Saturday at Murrayfield, Edinburgh was the best part of the convention.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby asked for a special pail and sponge just for use at the convention clean-up.

• newdawnfades
    newdawnfades

Pre convention cleaning was great when I was young. You got to meet all the young sisters from elsewhere in their jeans etc. Girls got really dolled up to clean a filthy stadium.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Why don't they eliminate the cleaning arrangement? They eliminated the food arrangement. Just like the food arrangement in bringing our mini buckets of food, we could bring our mini mops, and brooms. Whatever mess we make, we clean it up.

How bout we eliminate the Attendants? We can attend to ourselves. Tell ourselves to be quiet.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Yeah, and I guess they're happy with it too, since it kinda means they don't have to give as much money.

---

Since when does WT ever pass the savings on to the rank-and-file?

More likely, the scenerio is rent was reduced by 50%- but JWs are quoted the full rent rate without any "cleaning" discount.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah another way for the boys in new york to save money. Watchtower is a bunch of cheapstakes. But when its time for them to get theres they run the gulit trip on people in maniplutive talks and bible scriptures.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

The cleaning job is so good cause most of the witnesses are janitors where I'm from. You know what's funny, is when they have all those plants and shrubs on the stage and they say on Sunday you can come and take one home. But people are running down to the stage during the prayer.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

On this subject:

I remember when in my teens some 'brothers' talking about the society coming out with their own brand of cleaning supplies (because so many of them were janitors and window cleaners) and they'd sell this for low prices to the faithful.

I there any truth to this at all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit