FAQ - from the official web site "Do You Shun Former Members of Your Religion"?

by therevealer 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

@Oubliette - Inactive ones ARE former members. Active ones hand in a report and are thusly counted as "One of jehobers witlesses". Inactive ones do no longer show as one of the ???million Jehobers. And anyone who says this group are not shunned (at least to some extent) ain't bin there in my experience. MY 2bits worth.

• zound
    zound

The whole FAQ section is full of lies. In answer to "How do Jehovahs witnesses finacne their work?"

"Any donations that are forwarded to the branch offices of Jehovah’s Witnesses are used to relieve victims of natural disasters, to support our missionaries and traveling ministers, to help construct our houses of worship in developing countries, and to print and ship Bibles and other Christian publications."

Say's nothing about paying off child abuse victims.

The answer to "Do you believe you have the one true religion?" is also sickening - nowhere in the answer do they say "YES", but the answer amounts to that. Double talk.. a JW reads it and it reads yes - a critic reads it and it reads 'yes' but with enough wiggle room that if they were pinned down they could deny saying that.

"Are you tolerent of other religions?" Answer is also a total joke.

"Do you feel you are the only people that will be saved?" "No." - then bullshit that actually means yes.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    ones who hold their own ideas but don't even try to change others thinking are termed as Anti-Christs in that they are against "the Channel".

Would love to see this in print or on an audio. Anti-Christ means "against Christ". If they are saying that "against the Channel" is the same as "against Christ", then they have completely put themselves in the seat of Christ.

That said, what comes to mind is Christs' own words:

And everyone that says a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him - Luke 12:10

Thus, Christ will forgive anyone who speaks against him, but the WTS leadership will NOT forgive anyone who speaks against them. Ironic, isn't it?

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT IN PRINT UNLESS ALREADY STATED SOMEWHERE ELSE. I LISTENED TO THE THREE TALKS RECORDED FROM THE NEW SUMMER DC'S IN ANOTHER POST LAST WEEK ON THIS SITE. THERE ARE THREE LINKS PROVIDED ON DISCUSSIONS ABOUT APOSTATES AND SUFFEREING THE SWORD FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN.......

• blondie
    blondie

therevealer,

If they wish, they may also receive spiritual counsel from congregation elders.

What they neglect to say is:

1) they can only talk to the elders on the JC

2) they must put a note/letter in the contribution box to request reinstatement

3) the conversation in #1 is not to be lengthy unless the JC has approved their being reinstated, then the JC will talk to them

4) if all the brothers on the original JC are gone, then the COBOE will handle the above process

(I know every congregation has their own procedure, but this was the one used in the circuit I last was in)

• Simon
    Simon

They sidestep the question: they are describing people they class as 'inactive' and no, they don't shun those - but then they don't actually class them as 'Former Members'.

Former members signifies people who have LEFT. i.e. disfellowshipped or disassociated and they are most definitely shunned.

WTS: lying scum.

• Nika Bee
    Nika Bee

Just an aside: among the German JW the commonly used word for "disassociate" is something like: let oneself be disfellowshipped"

making the two terms pretty much the same in the mind of the people.

I don't even know, what the official word is. For other churches one simply says leave/resign

• sir82
    sir82

A perfect politician's response: Answer the question you want to answer, not the one that was asked.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Former members signifies people who have LEFT. i.e. disfellowshipped or disassociated and they are most definitely shunned.

WTS: lying scum._____ Simon

As in : Her former spouse disassociated from the marriage through a divorce,

and is now shunned from her bed

Same thing applies to the Jehovah's Witness religion

As in : A former Elder disassociated from the " Troof "

and is now shunned by the congregation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit