DF ones can now choose where to sit...New WT Policy

by Quarterback 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Come to think of it, they're really big into who sits where, aren't they. I mean, wives are not even supposed to sit in the aisle seat. The aisle seat is where the husband, as family head and lord, are supposed to sit. If a man's wife sits on the aisle seat, she is looked at as being presumptious and the husband is seen to be weak or not taking the appropriate family lead or headship. Another "unspoken" rule....

• franticfran
    franticfran

Its a "public meeting" get stuffed! WBTS! I will sit where ever I like...live with it! Sorry everyone,had a bit of a rant there ..

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Thanks for the referenced quotes, Blondie.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Wow,

Stamped as law in 1953.

A minor amendment in 1959.

That rule was abolished 60 years later.

At this speed, no wonder the Great Tribulation is taking too long.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

At least in the congregations I ever attended, there never seemed to be any hard and fast rules. Especially those with a DF'd family member, they would sit wherever they wanted, even right near the front.

If it was a single person he/she would tend to sit near the rear but the back rows were often taken up by families with babies. I know it was encouraged that they sit near the rear so that it is less disruptive when a child begins to cry, etc.

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

The reason why some df'd jws sit where the elders in that congregation say depends on how bad they want to be reinstated. Although the man in Corinth was "reinstated" in only few months, the WTS warns that is not the normal procedure (why). I have known jws that were reinstated in 6 to 8 MONTHS, and others in 8 YEARS and then only when they moved to a new congregation (petty, petty reasons).

One df'd jw was a pedophile and gypped several elders out a big amount of money. They figured if they reinstated him, he could start making more money for them.

As to "public" meetings, I can remember the back and forth whether the df'd father of the bride could attend his daughter's wedding at the KH. They let him if he talked to no one. Lot of hand signals and note passing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit