Has anyone else noticed this about the Jeremiah book?

by monkeyman 16 Replies latest members private

• prologos
    prologos

of course was Jeremiah not an apostate up against the establishment?

the fate of the establishment being an encouraging precedent?

• cantleave
    cantleave

What is the significance of Jeremiah being struck 39 times?

• prologos
    prologos

the unlucky number 13 emphazised.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Zeb

You brought back some memories their pal ,Douglas Bader an inspirational person who overcame obstacles in his life,I remember the movie from the 1950`s ? the english actor Kenneth More if I remember correctly. oops sorry to go off topic

smiddy

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I have noticed that the Jeremiah book is one of the worst pieces of sh*t that they have ever published. It is full of passive agressive comments deriding higher education, having non-JW friends, and seeking a better way of life for your family. Complete mis application of scripture and major assumtions on their part. yuck yuck yuck!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Amen to all of the above. I have noticed the same things. They take one verse out of context, spin it, talk about maybe or possibilities or perhaps, than have an entire chapter pushing Behavior control and thought control and most of all emotional control. Jeremiah, is nothing more than a tool and an engine to get their opinions pushed down the dubs throats even further. In their minds it is all from the bible because they learned it from "Jeremiahs example". Better make sure daddys at all the meetings and not working overtime and taking classes... That would make Jehovah and the family saaaaaddddd. Ohh look, now hes at the KH! Jah is haaaaaappppppyyyyy and so is his smug wife, and indoctrinated android children.

This book is probaly the worst they have ever crapped out with the possible exeption of the Gods love book

• processor
    processor

Actually, I had the same thought about the Jeremiah book when I began leaving the organization.

I noticed that in every book - whether it was about Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jehovah or whoever else - every chapter had the same topics: Obey the faithful and discreet slave and go into field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit