Is there going to be a new NWT or what ?

by sieborg 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Rub a Dub, that is very interesting and sounds completely logical.

After a few glasses of Kool Aid this morning, even I am now anticipating the event.

Rub a Dub

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

They don't have the motivation, the ability or the means to knock out a new bible. Most importantly, their cash cow is Kingdom Hall refurbishments, loans and events, such as the districts and circuit a$$embly. They make a fortune in repairing and selling property, and in stock market investments. Literature is not their cash cow anymore, hence their reduction of it. Every JW from china to California (going west lol) would order the new bible and how many would pay for it .....? It would be a loss. Watchtower is a business, it won't happen, or if they do, it will be with a contribution clause.

PIC have no doubt that bibles are not arriving, because they are not making them, its not profitable.

The changes would be for doctrinal reasons, everyone would be comparing editions and it would trigger a mental 'rocking of the boat'... Information is too easy to access now, if I was a J.W now and saw a verse change I would simply google the Hebrew or Greek to see WHY they changed it. There are enough JWs looking for a reason to research what they believe, the WT are not stupid enough to hand them reasons to research, even out of pure interest of language and history.

Above comments concerning new releases/ideas made my skin crawl, its more from the handbook of North Korea/China....

" A vague online research tool that is not an index but sort of like an index for JW's to do "research" with."

so a JW friendly google basically, where typing in 607bce doesn't take you to historians or evidence but the assumptions, misunderstandings and ignorant opinions of ex-window cleaners, now writing JW literature. I have no doubt this idea started with the question "If we can't stop them doing research on the Internet, what can we do?......" And that is the alarm bells of deceit ringing......

snare x

RESPECTFUL OBSERVER: they have already changed the bible, there are no commas or full stops in Hebrew, there are no capital letters (watch a Hebrew scholar laugh at the 'little g' explination the WT added to John 1:1), ask your mother to open her Greek inter linear bible and find YHVH, its not there.... The WT added it to the whole Greek scriptures. The famous phrase "kingdom of heaven." Did you hear it once as a JW? Did you read it once? Why not? Maybe the verse it was in caused them too much trouble, " I tell you today you will ....." No comma, no paradise, a kingdom of heaven today!!! What about the only verse in the whole NWT that indicates an existence on earth not in heaven as all other Christians believe, psalms ... The meek will inherit the earth. Read in context it is about the Jews and the promised land, the word is NOT earth, it is LAND. That is there ONLY verse to defend there belief in a paradise earth. There is not one bible verse that states 'paradise earth' yet they sell it as if it is a biblical guarantee.

I am an atheist. I spent 5 years researching the lies out of Watchtower, then I left. Then I moved onto the bible as a whole and personally I ended up a non-believer. But the most basic research even about the most famous JW verses will have you face palming for months..... Years....!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

They need to calculate their ROI on the skinny mags before they budget for a new Bible... Remember, their rule of thumb is 400% profit or it doesn't get approved...

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

There should be a Canadian language translation, A?

• steve2
    steve2

Why would the organization have the need for an updated NWT when the magazines and books are virtually its Holy Scriptures?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit