Conversation with Substitute CO

by BU2B 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah I really think that some of CO's and DO's care, but a lot of them kinda want the easy way out (Dont want to pay bills, dont want to deal with the normalities that most average rank and file jdubs have to deal with). I mean some of there intensions I believe is good, but some of them, not so much.

• sspo
    sspo

All the brainwashed JW's follow blindly the GB and sacrifice their whole life and the GB enjoys the luxury of living like kings and served as

kings at Bethel.

Nice setup they got going for themselves!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Quendi:

Let people think it's a "blessing" to be sent to a foreign country under possibly dangerous circumstances. I heard stories of missionaries who were sent to foreign assignments and when they stepped off the plane and took one look around, they got right back on the plane and came home! Who needs it?

Joliette:

I tend to agree with you. While there may be some COs and DOs who do care, I think many were just looking for an easy life. There is no nice way to say this but they do not want the life of the average person (such as myself) who goes out to work.

I will never forgive the unkind remarks I heard because I work full-time. So, while I feel sorry for what these people will have to face in the real world if they lose their position in bethel, I am glad I am no longer in the religion because nobody is passing a hat around to me.

The religion is the one who owes these people, big time.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Really, the WTS just needs "trouble-shooters" (and for free) now. This School mainly is to control problems in existing areas where there are already JWs. The old Gilead no longer a priority.

The WTS has to 'down-size' one way or another. There's no "new zeal" existing anywhere (at least in 1st world countries). Long-timers getting ill, slowing down. Printing demand down-sized.

Volunteers, that can, are just wasting energy, vainly holding up a crumbling organization.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ouch, this made me a little sad.......

If we are lucky we may get 70/80 years, if we have worked hard or worked smart, we will live comfortable and reasonably happy lives and retire in security. If we are privileged by nature to hit jackpot, we will procreate and have children, a legacy that will contribute to mankind, our genes which have survived for hundreds of thousands of years will live on, for if only ONE of our ancestors failed to procreate we would not be here. IF we are even luckier than all of this combined we may be remembered, add again a huge pile of luck and hard work, we may be remembered for contributing something beneficial to the species, world, universe.

This poor couple are ticking very few boxes at this point, they are scoring points at bethel, where similar deserters of lifes real purposes dictate and rule. This couple are merely storing up treasures......in Watch Tower bank accounts, that they will never get the PIN number for.

snare x

P.s. it is also evidence that even the WT super pets don't really believe any of it, if they did, any privilege would be from god and indeed that ....a privilege. If they are disappointed, its because there is insufficient authority being given to them, insufficient duty that will not bring praise and commendation. They dont just want to make sacrifices for god, they want to make sacrifices that get noticed! They want their coins to be heard in all of Jerusalem when they are dropped into the collection vaults. How sad that their lives revolve around impressing others, how sad they obviously don't really believe in the god they are serving, but they see how everyone around them slave to the corporation and boy do they want to be a master, not a slave! They want on top of the pile too! They want a piece of that mill hill/ Brooklyn heights action!

This attitude is common is the JW cult, from the bottom up, ironically I think it keeps many members in. They are so focused on climbing over each other to be a big fish in a small pond, they ignore the doubts, questions and concerns they have about the pond itself. Then they have kids, then they get the big prize... Elder, then they realise the pond needs a clean and smells a bit shitty, but there wife and kids are in the pond and they like being in charge. They get to be police officers, medical advisors, teachers, and judge and jury in their pond. So do they investigate the smell of poop or just clamp their nose with their fingers? Despite fish noses and fingers not existing, you get the poor analogy lol....

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

They each make a choice and should realize the consequences of their choice. They could say "no thanks" but they won't. All the Society will do is "reduce" your privileges--free work you do for them in return for the adoration of men. Most people don't want to move to where the need is greater--they want to move to where the response is greater. Better they got assigned to some congregation in the same country then being sent to a foreign land and really having problems.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

In history you will find tousands of people sacrificing not only their fortunes, homes and relatives, becoming moncs nuns and and living "in the wilderness" eating worms and grasshoppers. Many of them did that for religious reasons. The sad thing is that many of them believed in a priest, a pope or a GB. And these "besserwisser" only sucked them out and speated them out when they no longer could serve them. In fact beeing one of the first christians in the roman empire, was very, very dangeous. You could expect loosing you life...

So today the story goes on and on and on

Religious belives makes you blind and very irrational

Bugbear

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Cant believe I used to bbelieve it was a **privelage** to watch the elders nice cars during a meeting, or carrying a microphone, or sitting by the back door, or being in control of volume buttons and a CD player.

jesus Christ that is embarassing....

• designs
    designs

s&r- but weren't we the very best parking lot attendents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit