Conversation with Substitute CO

by BU2B 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• BU2B
    BU2B

So I was talking to a Substitute CO, He and his wife recently returned from "the school for Christian Couples"

Anyways this couple has delayed having children in hopes of entering the Circuit work, and have been sub COing for a couple years. They both have well paying, good Jobs.

They just graduated from the school, and they expected to either go into the CO work, or become Special Pioneers somewhere else. Instead they have been reassigned about 7 hours drive from here to another congregation to be regular pioneers in the Cong, because they needed brotherS! This means they will have to give up their jobs, and move and find new ones with no aid from Bet-hell, they will have to find their own apartment and start all over from scratch doing the same thing they were doing, only now without stable employment! I can tell they are down and disappointed, but are trying to keep up the Facade.

Ordinarily I would feel bad for someone in that position, but he seems to be very legalistic, and egotistical and arrogant to boot. Always seeking position so he can be prominent, not actually helping others, So my sympaties are minimal, but it is sad to see the callousness this cult has to those who give of themselves for it.

My wife just couldnt believe that the Society could let people give up their homes and travel somewhere to help, and then get 0 aid from them, but I told her they NEVER give assistance if someone is only regular pioneer! She now knows its true, hopefully this will help her to see the cold nature of the leadership/GB.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Everyone gets their chance to say NO to the cult along the road. Most cowards simply go along with whatever MOTHER orders, thinking JAH will provide.

If dude had even one ball, he would simply say that ain't gonna work, we are staying here where we have jobs, and you can use us in this area.

• minimus
    minimus

sheeple, even arrogant ones

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

He is afraid to be labled by other " spiritual men " as weak. Fear of man! Get out of her if you do not want to share with her in her plagues!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's like this: YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

Your post tells me that:

1) Things are worse at a local level than we probably know. They don't need a CO, they need you at a local KH to try and re-invigorate the congo.

2) Just like the Dell Projector video, the WTBTS ain't paying for anything. As long as they can dupe you into footing the bill, why should they? If the work was so important, so life saving, they would be sponsoring families. They would at least help with expenses for a certain amount of time.

• designs
    designs

He is invested now with the schooling and telling everyone of his big plans. Sadly he is going to eat some crow along the way but maybe this is the turning point.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Casually mention that in the current economic climate only an idiot would give up a good job and move

to parts unknown in hopes of finding another good job.

• BU2B
    BU2B

An idiot or maybe a brainwashed cult zombie

• Quendi
    Quendi

This experience reminds me of another couple I know. They were serving in Brooklyn Bethel. The husband had been there for more than thirty years. When the organization began downsizing last year, this couple was assigned to serve in the Republic of Georgia, located in southwest Asia and once part of the Soviet Union. The husband viewed the assignment as “Jehovah’s will” despite the fact that he and his wife did not know the language, were being sent to a country that has cracked down on Jehovah’s Witnesses and their preaching activity, and is on the brink of civil war. They would be given a small monthly allowance to live on and would have living quarters assigned to them at the branch office. This only told me just how deep the mind control this cult exercises over its members really is.

On the other hand, since the husband had spent his entire working life either pioneering or working in Brooklyn Bethel, he had no marketable skills for a job in the real world. He is also approaching sixty and has no retirement fund or any savings. So what else was he going to do when ordered to Georgia? He had done nothing with his non-Witness family for decades, so he may have thought that they would not help him. He had foregone having children “for the sake of the kingdom” as well. In the end, he may not have had any choice, but I would rather take my chances in the real world than accept a dangerous foreign assignment in a country riven by sectarian and ethnic strife which is also hostile to the WTS.

Quendi

• sir82
    sir82

Brilliant.

The WTS, after doing its best to disenfranchise the anointed, is now doing its best to alienate the few remaining enthusiastic ones.

At this rate they'll have the whole lot of JWs fed up before the year is out!

Way to go, guys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit