Oprah and My Mother

by teenyuck 12 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

My mother just called...as she does 2-4 times a week to tell me that "you must watch Oprah!" My mother is in Chicago, where Oprah is broadcast live. I live in EST where Oprah is on in the afternoon. I have told her this every time she calls to tell me I must watch it.

My mother, who apparently likes being told what to do and how to do it, is an Oprah devotee. She lives by Oprah's words. Just as she does with the dubs. Dr. Phil is another favorite of hers. If there is a problem, Oprah and/or Dr. Phil will have the answer.

I rarely watch the big O. I just don't find all the commercials that are shown interesting.

I hope she retires soon. I am tired of debating with my mother on why what she saw on Oprah must be taken with a little bit of logic. Just because Oprah or Dr. Phil said it does not make it gospel.

• Almost There
    Almost There

Hey Now,

You can talk about the WTBS, but leave my Oprah and sexy Dr. Phil alone. lol.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Oprah is okay, but I hate that pompous, over righteous, "I Know It All" Dr. Phil!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Reminds me of a woman I studied with while in the bOrg... She was absolutely convinced that she won the Reader Digest $X Million Dollar contest. Nothing anyone said could convince her otherwise - even when the Readers Digest people "forgot" to come to her house.

Very sad.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Oprah and Phil...a couple of self-important doorknobs who think they have life's answers.....they're paid entertainers...that's all.

ashi

• TheStar
    TheStar

Puffsrule,

I heard Oprah and Phil both hate JWs. Of course if you want to be truthful you'd have to confirm this first but I think it's true and if it is, maybe that would get her to lighten up. Just a thought.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Star, I will look into that...I love it...if they don't like dubs, she will have to rethink her obsession!

• blindfool
    blindfool

Next on celebrity boxing matches:
    Dr. Phil vs. Dr. Laura
    Hey, don't forget she has a black belt in karate.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Puff,

I really hope it works out and if I run into any info. to verify this I will let you know.

• moman
    moman

Oprah, watched her show one time & couldn't stomach the phony down-home, black aunt mammy sthick.
    Although,I think she is a good actress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit