2013 MEMORIAL ATTENDANCE & DC BAPTISM NUMBERS SOUGHT

by steve2 33 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Are the numbers available for either the 2013 Memorial attendance or baptisms at the current round of District Conventions in the USA or any other countries? Thanks.

• steve2
    steve2

BTTT

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Don't they only announce it later in the year or in the yearbook?

• steve2
    steve2

In general, you're right Julia. However, sometimes the origanization "drip-feeds" memorial attendances from selected countries in the Kingdom Ministry - I suspect they do this primarily when attendances were much higher than expected.

As regards baptisms, this is usually mentioned in media reports featuring coverage of conventions and also, given that some here have been in attendance at current District Conventions, I wondered if they had noted the numbers presenting for baptism.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I think problemaddict mentioned somthing like 160 baptisms at a 36,000 attendee convention, which is really, really weak.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks lostgeneration. 160 out of 36,000 is kind of underwhelming, huh?

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Considering most of them are bornin minor children

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Memorial attendance will probably be way up this year. Will it be over 20 million that's the question. Might need to wait until around November to find out when the yearbook is released.

• steve2
    steve2
    Memorial attendance will probably be way up this year. Will it be over 20 million that's the question.

Might add one reason it would probably be "way up this year" is because it was down last year.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Memorial attendance will probably be way up this year.

Frankly, I'm expecting a decline. Maybe an increase in the Third World, but for sure a decline in the Western World.

Why?

THE INTERNET

THE OVERLAP

THE NEW F&DS

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit