Allow Me My Dreams

by compound complex 39 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

who were the heroes on the TITANIC? the artists.

Good point, fakesmile -- thanks!

You're wlecome, Sam; I appreciate your comment very much.

Best wishes.

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

Formatting problems

• compound complex
    compound complex

So shaken I am: heart and mind and soul combine and find their mix, with paint, on board. Beaten down for so very long that it took by storm my stumbling spirit to perceive I had soared. You said -- so adamant you were -- that putting brush to board was a hobby, little more. "Dare to dream further, you'll receive no support from me . . . get to work and scrub that floor!"

I must eat, that's true, yet you insist that I cannot dream; you call me an inveterate fool.
    Good for me -- it was not my choice -- I've been freed from job and you and gone back to school.

• humbled
    humbled

Absolutely, Coco. Absolutely.

Free to feel completely. Eyes open in the morning and you enter into the beauty of each day without guilt.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Ah, yes, humbled!

No more guilt. Thanks for thoughts so beautifully expressed!

Love,

CoCo

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

CoCo, you express a line of thought with such depth of feeling.

When, if ever, does an artist STOP dreaming?

• compound complex
    compound complex

He never stops, rip!

I forced my shoes, leather jacket and cap on and braved the newly arrived cold and damp.

I walked to my favorite spot and gazed shiveringly at the fog-enveloped mountains and trees -- those ghostly specters -- and perceived my childhood home beneath the actual lay of the land. Wishing there were someone with whom to share this natural beauty of intermingled present and past, up saunters a dear neighbor. A kindred spirit. He tuned in to my words; he understood.

This is the day-to-day fare from which dreams of the subconscious arise.

Creation.

THANKS!

CoCo

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Nice Coco. It makes me think of something I read somewhere. Art is the lie that reveals the truth.

Perhaps artists are, at the core, truth tellers.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, LisaRose, for such welcome comments!

I believe you're correct, myself having read somewhere that poets explain and interpret the meaning of life's happenings.

Peace be with you.

CoCo

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

They always say if you put on your Icarus suit and fly to the sun you'll regret it but it's a conspiracy!

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars

Icarus is out there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit