JW Grammar is...

by jw07 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jw07
    jw07

*We are all from different cultural and educational backgrounds, we all experience different circumstances in life, and I don't mean to offend anyone on this forum in any way.*

With that said here are my observations, and I want to know what you have observed.

In my experience I have noticed a trend: zealous Witnessestend to exhibit the worst grammar when compared to non-Witnesses!

I want you to think back, or check it out for yourself if you haven't noticed it.

On social networks: compare comments on anything by JWs (especially the uber-zealous ones) with those of your atheist or other religiously affiliated friends. You will likely see a very stark contrast between the sentence structure, use of appropriate apostrophy, captilisation, and general logic of statements of JWs vs non-JWS.

Listen to them speaking: in person as well and make the comparisons I listed above.

What have younoticed, if anything?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Happifying!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Now that I'm removed from it, when I see dubs posting or debating, it really is embarressing for them. Run on sentances with no punctuation. I often have to read it several times to get the sense of what they are trying to communicate

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Having just read '' facebook comments'', a slightly earlier thread by zound, ( and frankly, I was surprised ).

I must agree with you.

• JWOP
    JWOP

I really get a kick out of it when these so-called "approved associations" spew forth F-bombs, cuss words, and foul language that none of the others are using, LOL!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and the anger. It seems the moment you make a valid point the contradicts their doctrine, the anger and denunciations spew forward

• Auntfancy
    Auntfancy

That was one of my pet peeves. There were too many elders that couldn't speak proper English and their talks were horrible. I told my husband on many occassions that they sounded very ignorant up there talking and I would turn them off. Education isn't important to many of them because the "END" is coming so why should we learn how to speak properly.

• fugue
    fugue

but... but... we all know that reading Awake magazine gives one the equivalent of a college education!

• cofty
    cofty

Its a fair point.

Perhaps their irrational arguments and dependance on logical fallacies is even more disturbing.

There just seems to be no self-awareness when it comes to making really dumb assertions.

• tiki
    tiki

that was one of the things that appalled me at meetings - not all, but way too many had no concept of the proper use of the english language.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit